England : Lancashire Forum ride - 'Bowland Revisited' - POSTPONED until SEPT

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
After the spectacular success of my 'comeback' forum ride last Saturday, I was on a bit of a high so I fired up my mapping software and have devised another route in that area for a forum ride in June.

The route is spectacularly lovely and is 102 km in length, with about 1,750 m of climbing. (It isn't something that we would want to tackle in bad weather though, so I am going to come up with an easier 75 km alternative route calling in at the cafe in either Slaidburn or Waddington to cover that eventuality.)

Map:
Bowland revisited map.gif

Profile:
bowland-revisited-profile-gif.41678.gif

The main loop will start from Spring Wood car park above Whalley at 10:00 on Saturday, 7th June.

I will be starting with Steve H (and anybody else who fancies a hard, hilly imperial century+) from Market Place car park, Hebden Bridge at 07:30. I think we will ride out via Colden, Blackshaw Head and the Long Causeway then descend to Walk Mill and continue to Spring Wood on the A646, Padiham Greenway and the Old Roman Road from the back of Read. (If the weather is bad, we will scrap that idea and start at Spring Wood instead for the shorter alternative loop.)

Register your interest below in the usual way!

Provisional rider list: (:wacko: = mad riders doing extra miles and hills from Hebden Bridge to/from Spring Wood, Whalley)
  • ColinJ :wacko:
  • Steve H :wacko:
  • oldfatfool (maybe)
  • Littgull
  • Pennine-Paul
  • Nick Stone
  • kiwi-Sal
  • Mickthemove
  • DiddlyDodds + mates from work (possibly :wacko:!)
  • SlowerThanASluggishSloth (maybe)

Attachments

• Bowland revisited.gpx
    20.6 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Just a note for our house guests, we're not around that weekend...

After the spectacular success of my 'comeback' forum ride last Saturday, I was on a bit of a high so I fired up my mapping software and have devised another route in that area for a forum ride in June. @Steve H has kindly offered to ferry me and my bike to Spring Wood again on Saturday, June 7th.

The route is spectacularly lovely and is 102 km in length, with about 1,750 m of climbing. It isn't something that we would want to tackle in bad weather though, so I am going to come up with an easier 75 km route calling in at the cafe in either Slaidburn or Waddington to cover that eventuality

More details nearer the time, but meanwhile you can register your interest below in the usual way!

Rider List:
  • ColinJ
  • Steve H.
Count me in, Colin - sounds another stunning ride!

I would have loved too but Sundays are my ride day. Saturdays are really not ideal for me in that respect :sad:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I would have loved too but Sundays are my ride day. Saturdays are really not ideal for me in that respect :sad:
I am also discussing a Dales ride with Steve at the start of May, which might be on a Sunday. If we decide to go ahead with that, I will start a separate thread for it. I will try to make at least 1/3 of my rides start on Sundays but some people can't do them because of church, family etc.

Nick Stone

Hi Colin, have you got a profile of it, want to see if I could drag my sorry arse up the hills. Then I've got few weeks to kick myself in to a bit better shape

Thanks

Nick

Top Bottom