Forum ride: Hebden Bridge - Trawden loop, Sat 12th November 2022, 52 km (33 miles)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
Looks like I'm out. The front hub (as predicted!) died on me last night after a midnight ride in slightly damp conditions.

If anyone has any sense, do not buy an SP Dyno hub. They're crap. This is the second one to die from condensation.

:cursing:

Jameshow

Veteran
Looks like I'm out. The front hub (as predicted!) died on me last night after a midnight ride in slightly damp conditions.

If anyone has any sense, do not buy an SP Dyno hub. They're crap. This is the second one to die from condensation.

:cursing:

Could you not use a battery light?

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
That's a shame! Have you not got a spare wheel that you could use?

I can't see anyone needing lights though unless they intend doing a longish ride home after our loop and post-ride cafe visit.

My gum is healing nicely so that should not affect me on Saturday.

The forecast is looking good for us!

So, who is joining me and @Littgull?

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
Don't really need one @ColinJ
The wheel still spins easily enough, there's just no power from it = no lights. The problem is lack of money as I need to build a new hub into the wheel if I'm to continue evening rides, touring next year etc.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
No all the wiring is ok. It's the hubs internals. It's an SP hub. Known for being less than reliable long term. I was hoping the stories were exaggerated but having had 2 of these thing fail, SP's reputation is well deserved. They're sh**.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

No all the wiring is ok. It's the hubs internals. It's an SP hub. Known for being less than reliable long term. I was hoping the stories were exaggerated but having had 2 of these thing fail, SP's reputation is well deserved. They're sh**.

Oh dear... Well, I definitely won't ever buy one of them then!

Better news below...

Forum ride forecast.png

GuyBoden

Guru
The forecast is looking good for us!
So, who is joining me and @Littgull?

I'm looking forward to the ride. I've had a bad back, so haven't been cycling these last few weeks, I've had some physiotherapy and been given exercises to do at home. So, I'll be even slower than usual.:laugh:

Jameshow

Veteran
Sorry will be running as I've signed up to tour of Pendle fell race a week later so need to find my running feet!!

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

I'm looking forward to the ride. I've had a bad back, so haven't been cycling these last few weeks, I've had some physiotherapy and been given exercises to do at home. So, I'll be even slower than usual.:laugh:
As it stands I will be along to join you. :okay:
Great!

Sorry will be running as I've signed up to tour of Pendle fell race a week later so need to find my running feet!!
Good luck with that!

Watch out for Hebden Bridge ride #3 around March next year.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
There may be a glimmer of hope at the end of the tunnel. My new hub is being delivered today. Sooooooo, if (and it's a big if) I can rebuild the wheel by Friday AND if I can find the dosh, I may just possibly be able to piss everyone off and turn up after all :whistle:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

There may be a glimmer of hope at the end of the tunnel. My new hub is being delivered today. Sooooooo, if (and it's a big if) I can rebuild the wheel by Friday AND if I can find the dosh, I may just possibly be able to piss everyone off and turn up after all :whistle:
Fingers crossed... (that you can! :laugh:)

I was thinking about the post-ride cafe... Unless people desperately want to sit indoors, there are a number of outdoor possibilities. My choice would be for a takeout and sitting down by the river with the bikes...

Hebden Water.jpg

Top Bottom