Forum stalwarts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
But you're not allowed to me to mention them, shhh.

Well some folks have been snitching on here, that's all i can say.

But we'd better not expand on it :angel:

If I need to leab, I'll spread a tale that I'm bikeing across Antarctica, and then dissapear without trace.

I can't see any other way of quitting :wacko:

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Apparently I joined in Oct 2010 so I just completed my decade last year, though there has been a long hiatus in that period.
I'm none the wiser to what / who the great flounce was, but my goodness it must have been good to still be talked about all these years later.

I suspect that like many things viewed in retrospect, it wasn't as good as many remember. (See also spam, Chubby Brown, and Salt 'n' Shake crisps).

Here since 2009.
First became aware of it I think from a forum cycling shirt* being worn by a member (he's still here) on a ride I think I was leading. Seem to recall he also informed me that it had way more members than a certain other place I spent time on and, I was aware, could be rather unhealthy as a result of its narrow base. I don't like cliques.
* never liked the design but it did work ;)

OP
OP
Venod

Venod

Eh up
A couple of members have mentioned they won't be here much longer as it has gone downhill, I am interested to why they think it has gone downhill, losing the political section was a bad move IMO it lost a lot of good contributors, but I think general opinion was it improved things, what's the problem now?

October 2009. One of my first posts fell below the standards expected by a certain giant intellect who told me he was far more intelligent than I was. I decided to make it my jihad to stick around and wind him up at every opportunity.
No names but have a pretty good idea who that was.
Liked/laughed at your post but I don't advise/condone wind-ups, least of all online,

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
A couple of members have mentioned they won't be here much longer as it has gone downhill, I am interested to why they think it has gone downhill, losing the political section was a bad move IMO it lost a lot of good contributors, but I think general opinion was it improved things, what's the problem now?

Please sir, I definitely heard some people talking politics on CC over there

Behind the bike shed >>>>>>>>

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Fings ain't what they used to be. Probably due to Brexit.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
There have been a few of those over the years.
It always amuses me when reference is made to members who have flounced off in some spectacular way.

I've been here since 2007 and have no idea who these members are/were, what they did or why. Just goes to show how utterly inconsequential they or their actions were.

It's too easy to get wound up by this stuff.

Top Bottom