Forum stalwarts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
No idea about my profile......I must see how to find it.
What I do know is that.......apart from a few real prats...... whenever I needed advice (bike related or otherwise) I seemed to get it.

You just click on your profile picture @Dave.

Tbh it's not really that interesting, it just comes up with a bunch of indecipherable stats.

It's like glancing at the trading section of the FT.

"Nope, still none the wiser.."

Chromatic

Legendary Member
17 April 2008 is when I joined. No idea why I joined but I bought myself a bike in 2005, the first bike I'd ridden since I got a car at 17, I vaguely recall not riding it much at all at first and starting to ride it more often a couple of years later, which may coincide with my joining.

D

Deleted member 1258

I'd say quit while you can, before they really get their hooks in. .

I've only been here two years, and it already feels like a life sentence.

I just popped in to ask something about saddles.

Now they own my soul apparently :eek:

I was laid up after a crash, 2007, rear ended on one of Coventry's ring road sliproads, back injuries had me laid up for six weeks and I got bored, I found this site, joined up a few weeks later and I'm still here.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I was laid up after a crash, 2007, rear ended on one of Coventry's ring road sliproads, back injuries had me laid up for six weeks and I got bored, I found this site, joined up a few weeks later and I'm still here.

Well after thirteen years maybe its time you got up, and back on the bike Dave??

You don't want to risk losing fitness ;)

D

Deleted member 1258

Well after thirteen years maybe its time you got up, and back on the bike Dave??

You don't want to risk losing fitness ;)

Lol, I was off work for about six weeks and back in the saddle after about a month, but only for the odd short trip, taking my sick note in that sort of thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

chriswoody

Legendary Member
Looking back I seem to have been hanging around since 2009, though the history function bit doesn't show my first few posts, so no idea why I initially thought it was a good idea to bother folk on here!

It's been a good place to hang around all these years, even if I'm not a very prolific poster, I do try to give help and advice if I can and I've picked up some good advice in return.

Fings ain't what they used to be. Probably due to Brexit.
But that’s reflected across the whole country and wherever Brits meet and communicate. There’s no reason why it shouldn’t be prevalent here, and regardless of your beliefs, a divided population on such a magnitude will have long-damaging effects for many years to come. 😢

But, regardless of that, it’s good to see so many of the older generation still here AND the newer ones who come in with a fresh and different outlook on life and all things in it: bit like sitting round a table in your local with the same crowd, year in year out, and someone comes along and breathes fresh air into old life.:cheers:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
17 January 2008
Left the migration a little later than others. Joined ACF just as that place imploded with the great smiley scandal, then ended up here.

Top Bottom