Forum stalwarts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
It's been a while.. 11 Apr 2010

No idea why I first joined :laugh:

9th July 2007.

I only ‘looked in’ to get some touring advice. :laugh:

Edited to add that I joined the old Cycling Plus forum in 2005 for above-mentioned advice, then was part of the big exodus here in 2007. And I’ve gone through three laptops and am on my third mobile phone, and I still have finger prints left on my ‘typing’ thumb. 👍

Bloomin' "newcomer".

Me, 7th July 2007, post the same Exodus.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
If I remember rightly now, one of my reasons for joining and first posts was a question on what tyres to upgrade to on my commuter.
I feel somewhat guilty, as I suspect many of the "it's gone downhill" types have seen one too many "what bike / which tyre / what lube / which waterproof" threads!

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I was a lurker with just a few posts in about 2008, then swapped email address and forgot about the place. I rejoined a few years later and have kept the same email address :smile:

If I remember rightly now, one of my reasons for joining and first posts was a question on what tyres to upgrade to on my commuter.
I feel somewhat guilty, as I suspect many of the "it's gone downhill" types have seen one too many "what bike / which tyre / what lube / which waterproof" threads!
no need to feel guilty - that's what the place is for and there are many helpful types on here.
One of the complaints of the old superior bunch (am naming nor hinting at any individuals) was that without their intellectual and moral guidance we would all be reduced to helping folk out with tips and help.

Brains

Legendary Member
March 2008 for me
Also part of the "Great Bike Radar Exodus"
I think I was one of the last to leave the sinking ship
I just logged in there, it's still running, I see I managed 1,732 posts !
I think I must have joined about 2001

D

Deleted member 26715

Yes I know and its good to see, but it must have been before your time, when people moaned about the toxic politcal section, so it was shut down, my observation was, they didn't have to read it.
But is not not still there? Is it still not as toxic?

But now you have an option to ignore it as a default so probably most 'newbies' (hate that Americanism) probably don't know it exists so you have the same set of people arguing amongst themselves over the same point put in a different way all the time. In the good old days, there'd be a cry of 'new blood' as somebody inadvertently wandered in & would be pounced on & devoured by the waiting crew, crowd, lot, set, group, circle, band, gang, mob, pack, troop, swarm, herd, posse, company, collection. informal bunch, gaggle, tribe, not any of those words did them justice.

classic33

Leg End Member
March 2008 for me
Also part of the "Great Bike Radar Exodus"
I think I was one of the last to leave the sinking ship
I just logged in there, it's still running, I see I managed 1,732 posts !
I think I must have joined about 2001
They've deleted more of the old C+ posts on there, in that last upgrade, where you'd to follow the link sent and change your password.

Top Bottom