Forum Upgrade

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
The bit to go to the top of the screen on each post seems to have gone too - templates I presume?:ohmy:

Danny

Legendary Member
The standard background colours seem to have changed. Instead of bright CC blue everything is appearing in a sort of mucky blue grey colour.

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
It looks like quite a lot has been overwritten by the upgrade so I'm going to shutdown for a few hours later this evening and try to get stuff back to how it was.

No guarantees, but I'll do my best.

Cheers,
Shaun ;)

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
Politics & Life and Wheelie Bin now excluded from New Posts and quick Search results - as before.

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
I think the majority of stuff is working properly again. If you do spot anything, let me know.

There are also some new features in your profile to play with, although I haven't had time to look at the overhead of these features so some of them may go.

Let me have any feedback about the templates too - I've had to do most of the reworking from memory and I'm fairly sure I haven't managed to recreate everything as it was before.

Cheers,
Shaun :smile:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
The bit that says announcements on this thread is trying to hide (like an elephant behind a tree), behind the page numbers.

The bit where we could hit top on each post still isn't back. (I do use this one)

The original post column is still gone. (Doesn't bother me)

and haven't worked out what the new bits are apart from there seems to be something saying Tags on this page... I've never noticed that before.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
summerdays said:
There seems to be something saying Tags on this page... I've never noticed that before.
I can't remember it either but I just tested it. I've tagged this thread with the tag upgrade. It could be quite a handy feature, though most threads can be found using the normal search function.

I've tagged the other upgrade thread as well. Hmm... quite an interesting feature, but there is a limit of 2 tags which isn't really enough (and is that per user or per thread?). For example, I've been taking part in a thread about sunrise alarm clocks and I'd want to tag that several times e.g. Sunrise alarm, SAD, Winter Blues, Seasonal Affective Disorder.

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
summerdays said:
The bit that says announcements on this thread is trying to hide (like an elephant behind a tree), behind the page numbers.

I've tried to quick-fix this, but the original template code is on my laptop at home, so I'll have a look at this later.

summerdays said:
The bit where we could hit top on each post still isn't back. (I do use this one)

Done. :evil:

summerdays said:
The original post column is still gone. (Doesn't bother me)

You'll need to remind me what/where this is/was?

summerdays said:
and haven't worked out what the new bits are apart from there seems to be something saying Tags on this page... I've never noticed that before.

AFAIK this allows you to tag a thread using words you would like to associate with it - useful in making searches more intuitive?

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
Noodley said:
Is the upgrade the reason I could not get onto the forum last night?

Yes. I closed the forums for several hours last night to complete the upgrade. :evil:

Top Bottom