Fossy's Back Up after being Down

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
Aye, and 1250 lumens (real) on pulse mode didn't help :becool::becool::becool::becool:
If you don't want horrible flashbacks, don't watch this, but there is something really odd going on (probably an Invisible Gorilla) when people don't see lights as bright as yours or this chap's:

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
If you don't want horrible flashbacks, don't watch this, but there is something really odd going on (probably an Invisible Gorilla) when people don't see lights as bright as yours or this chap's:

As I have said before, if they aren't looking then they will not see, regardless!
I had similar on Friday night riding to work. Nobber in a silly BMW pulled out of a side road just as I got there. This was despite me having two bright front lights (not like some of the eye burners you guys run but more than powerful enough), no other vehicles behind me that might have hidden my lights and him actually stoping at the giveway for plenty of time to check in both directions. After we had both skidded to a stop inches from each other he had the audacity to wind down his window and begin arguing that I should get some proper lights because, in his words, "how am I supposed to see you from that far away unless you have some proper lights"! I was almost gobsmacked and resorted to swearing at the imbecile after I had turned my handlebars to face him then as he shielded his eyes from the dazzling lights I suggested he should get to Specsavers because my lights are more than bright enough and I was close enough to be nearly sat on his F'fing lap!
Anyway, I think I saw him again the next day hooning around one of the local roundabouts at speed and in the wrong lane then trying (and failing) to bully his way off the roundabout from the righthand lane! He is a youngish guy about 30 in a new flash car probably costing around 40k but driving like a newly qualified teenager. It is going to end badly :headshake:

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
As I have said before, if they aren't looking then they will not see, regardless!
True, but if you haven't read The Invisible Gorilla, it's well worth the effort, and very sobering. There are deep-seated reasons why there are so many SMIDSYs - we can think we are looking, but actually our brain isn't seeing what's really there. Knowing that intuitions, on which our brains rely for manageable data processing, can lead to fatal mistakes in certain scenarios, is an important first step in risk management. But, if the evidence from TIG is accurate, then telling people to look more carefully will only bring limited results: it's more complicated than that, and the way our brains learn to process information is the key.

LocalLad

It's completely irrelevant to the thread...but I feel the need to say that everytime I see this threads title, I sing chumbawamba to myself..."I get knocked down, but I get up again..."

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
It's completely irrelevant to the thread...but I feel the need to say that everytime I see this threads title, I sing chumbawamba to myself..."I get knocked down, but I get up again..."
Fortunately, @fossyant is far too 'mature' to know about 'chumbawamba', so is in no danger of having a song going round his head. It has enough going on inside it already ... :ohmy:

... or so it is rumoured. :laugh:

classic33

Leg End Member
Fortunately, @fossyant is far too 'mature' to know about 'chumbawamba', so is in no danger of having a song going round his head. It has enough going on inside it already ... :ohmy:

... or so it is rumoured. :laugh:
Could soon plant one there though.

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Brief Update.

Cops won't do anything - solicitors have chased and the Head honcho just said his officer has xxx amount of experience yadda yadda - still nobody has talked to the officer at the scene. Leigh Day aren't giving up on this.

Went back to hospital on Tuesday. Had xrays and my L1 has healed into a wedge, with the front (anterior) of the vertebrae being half the height of the rear. There is a bit of a gap between it and the T12, apparently the lost bone is about 1cm. As to how this will affect me, I don't know. The disc is also damaged permanently.

Still have another 6 weeks in the brace (7 done) until I get a CT Scan to confirm fusion, so no exercise at all, still. I can walk for 15 minutes or so before I need a rest - got some funny looks in the cafe this lunch from the old folk as I was wearing my brace.

Positive side, the hospital rang and I start physio next week - whoop. Case Manager spent two hours here this week and is writing a report. Looking to get help with gardening, window cleaning etc. Also to appoint a private physio and work with a Personal Trainer from my gym so when I'm permitted to exercise, they can tailor a rehab plan.

Oh and an interim payment arrived yesterday which was fairly substantial. This will be banked as I've been given a sick note for another 10 weeks by the hospital.

Sleeping is still a nightmare, but I am getting more mobile but need physio on the soft tissues in my back as they are very sore. My wife jokes I walk like a Lego Man.

Got three of my colleagues coming for a natter and catch up this afternoon, so I'll wobble off to the pub to meet up. Sounds like work has let them have the afternoon off to come and see me, which is nice.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Im glad your on the mend and it sounds like your getting sorted, my brother in law fell off an unsave scaffold this week and needed pins + plate in his knee so he is in talk with his union rep and has been given full pay while they investigate it all.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
[suspicious cynic mode
imotion20.gif
]
Got three of my colleagues coming for a natter and catch up this afternoon, so I'll wobble off to the pub to meet up. Sounds like work has let them have the afternoon off to come and see me, which is nice.
Aye, right ! :rofl:
They're coming to probe and see when you'll be back/ how much work you can do from home/ are you really that injured/ how come you're having 'such a good time' while we're still on the treadmill ... ^_^

Top Bottom