Fossy's Back Up after being Down

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
"Broken Back Day ...." !!! :eek:

How're you feeling these days, @fossyant ? Pain easing or just tablets-easing ? :sad:

GWS :hugs: (gingerly !)

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Another quick update.

Third Party insurer are sending an interim payment 'without prejudice' shortly to cover costs to date. This apparently means they haven't admitted liability. They are also appointing a case handler/physio so I get some help - that's been agreed, again this will be 'without prejudice'.

At least things are moving. The bike has to remain as it is until liability is agreed (not that I can ride it).

This decision was made since Friday, as the 3rd Party's Insurer hadn't looked at the file on Friday. So that is a quick decision. Looking forward to getting physio so I can get moving and get back to work.

Last edited:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Fantastic! :okay:

LocalLad

IANAL, but as I understand without prejudice basically means if you went to court, you couldn't refer to this payout.

But, given they're paying something, sounds like they're accepting liability, so hopefully they'll take a sensible approach in the short term... It sounds like you've been concerned about the immediate financial impact, so a great step forward. Hopefully you can now concentrate on getting yourself better

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
It's not an insignificant amount but I'll bank it to cover me if I end up on half pay. I couldn't see them paying the amount they are arranging without considering liability.

I've got my employers coming to see me at home next week - the usual stuff, when do you think you'll be back etc. I've got another sick note for five weeks which takes me to the time of my appointment with the spinal consultant. It will be at this point I'll probably start some physio/get permission to do light exercise.

Continuing to improve, I've managed a few walks of about 10 minutes, and I have been pottering about outside the house. I still can't comfortably sit upright - went out for lunch for my MIL's 80th this week, but I was in agony quite quickly sat at the table.

Isn't it weird - I can't wait to start exercising 'properly' - gym/turbo/swimming but some people never exercise even without injury ?

vickster

Legendary Member
Is your employer paying you or on SSP? If the former, presumably they too will claim against the third party or expect to recoup monies from your claim?

When I had my back op I was told to avoid sitting, stand or lie only. 20 years ago and big open surgery,I expect times have changed

Top Bottom