Found a set of keys ....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

XmisterIS

Purveyor of fine nonsense
I found a set of keys lying in the road outside my house. I knocked on the neighbour's doors, nobody recognises them. The key fob has a phone number, but when I phoned it I got the "number not recognised" tone.

So ... what do I do with them? Postbox? Local Police Station?

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Keep 'em and in the middle of the night, go out and try every lock in town with 'em! :evil:

Just remember to wear something like this :ph34r:, though.

Simple, have copies made, then hand them in at the cop shop. When the distraught owner finds how good you were, he will insist on giving a you reward, insist he pays by cheque. When you have a cheque with his name, it will be a simple matter to find his address. Stake out the premises and when he is absent simply unlock the door, walk in and steal all his possessions.

itchyrider

Aka Chris
Simple, have copies made, then hand them in at the cop shop. When the distraught owner finds how good you were, he will insist on giving a you reward, insist he pays by cheque. When you have a cheque with his name, it will be a simple matter to find his address. Stake out the premises and when he is absent simply unlock the door, walk in and steal all his possessions.

:laugh:Lol :laugh:

taxing

Police station I reckon, but you could put a note up in your window saying that a set of keys has been found and handed in to X Station.

More on topic - I use these for this very reason......

29_big.jpg

I noticed a set of car keys on a wall up the road and was unsure what to do about them so I just left them there.:whistle:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I lost all my keys a long time ago. House keys and car key, work keys, you name it. It took three solid days to sort it out. It was a very painful experience.

Do the decent thing and hand them in to a police station. When you lose your bunch, you will be eternally grateful to the person who behaved with consideration .

Take the trouble. Just do it. So sorry for the lecture....

longers

Legendary Member
Police station I reckon, but you could put a note up in your window saying that a set of keys has been found and handed in to X Station.

Good advice, it might also be worth going to the trouble of making a couple of notices and sticking them on nearby lamp posts.

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
I was tidying up at home and found a set of keys hanging up with the keys for the car/garage/parents houses and I don't know what they are for.  Can't throw them away in case they are for something important  :wacko:

Top Bottom