Found an owl in the garden.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lavender Rose

Specialized Fan Girl
O my gosh....my heart strings....poor little thing, it looks so beautiful - I LOVE owls :sad::sad: Please keep us updated? :cry:

Globalti

Legendary Member
I read an article a while ago. I think it was in the Lancet, and described eye injuries inflicted by tawny owls. If they feel their young are being threatened, they fly silently up behind you and sink their talons into your eyeballs. The photos in the article were not for the squeamish.

EDIT: It wasn't the Lancet. Here it is...….
https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamaophthalmology/fullarticle/416597

There's a place in the Bowland Fells where walkers with dogs have been attacked by eagle owls swooping silently down and raking their scalps. I write "have been" because the pair have mysteriously disappeared now - local gamekeepers of course know nothing about it.

When I was a kid my friend had a kestrel that he had reared after rescuing it injured. He brought it round to my house and we went out in the garden the kestrel on his hand with a leash. A movement must have caught my eye and I looked up to see a peregrine heading from a nearby tree, straight in our direction - I'll never forget looking into its eyes as it approached at speed. The two birds clashed with a huge commotion and the peregrine made off, leaving the poor kestrel hanging from my friend's wrist. I had never seen the bird in our garden and had no idea they were so territorial.

Drago

Legendary Member
Are you suggesting the gamekeepers have done for the owls, or am I misunderstanding the tone of that?

I shoot at 2 different locations and the gamekeepers are rabid about conservation, take it very seriously indeed. Wander to close to a protected hedgerow and you get a right chewing out.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Four pages in, and no one has asked, "Howl's the bike?"

_44473782_owlbikerider203.jpg

Top Bottom