1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Four candles????

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Maggot, 21 Apr 2008.

1. Maggot

Maggot Star of BBC 5Lives Ballot Box Brigade

2. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe Legendary Member

One man's classic is another man's drivel. Played back to back with the Dead Parrot sketch that would make me loose the will to live.

3. Dave5N

Dave5N Über Member

Much funnier than I'd remembered. Striking how Barker's laconic style (so close to Fletch) works compared to Corbett's near-corpsing Mockney

4. The Two Ronnies exhibit a wit and presentation unrivalled on television today.
    Smokin' - you are one miserable cyclist if you don't find this amusing.;)
    On the other hand, I agree about the parrot thing - total rubbish which is now a landmark for all to aim for...:smile:
    My Mum used to choose Ronnie Barker's greetings cards for him when he went shopping on his days off - "he was always very nice but he never bought any candles..." she said.

5. beanzontoast

beanzontoast Veteran

Funex?

S, Vfx!

6. Maz

Maz Guru

Very clever play on the English language.
    I love the way Corbett's character gets more and more irate throughout the sketch.

7. Sh4rkyBloke

Sh4rkyBloke Jaffa Cake monster

It is indeed a classic... as is this one.

Smokin Joe - just curious, but as you don't find it funny, what/who makes you laugh then?

8. Maz

Maz Guru

I don't find the Dead Parrot sketch funny either, tbh.
    Much prefer the Jerry Sadowitz excellent piss-take of the Dead Parrot sketch, which is very funny.
    It must be on youtube somewhere...

9. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe Legendary Member

Four Candles was mildly amusing for the first few lines,

"Four candles"?

"No, fork handles, handles for forks".

Yeah, very good, but it didn't half drag on and get boringly predictable. Not for me.