Foxes again...

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Location
Brighton
Urban foxes are a pain in the neck though.
 

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
Location
Leicestershire
The fox, it seems, was disturbed from it's hiding place by a child maybe pulling it's tail. It was only defending it'self or possibly it's cubs from a percieved attack. The child was probaly larger than the fox.
I know the child had a right to be safe and in a safe environment. This should be up to the adults running the playgroup or the party. The same should be said of rats or any other wildlife that the child can come into contact with.
No doubt there will now be a backlash and we will shortly see Charles, Camilla and Otis Ferry riding to hound through Brighton and anywhere else Reynard rears his head in the coming weeks.
I wouldn't put it past the Countryside Alliance to be stirring up these stories to whip a hatred and fear of foxes.
 

Cycling Naturalist

Legendary Member
Location
Llangollen
guitarpete247 said:
I wouldn't put it past the Countryside Alliance to be stirring up these stories to whip a hatred and fear of foxes.
To say nothing of a few Claims Management Companies advertising:

"Parents - are your children being put at risk by your local council not controlling foxes. That scratch on your child's arm could be a bite from a rabid fox. Don't delay - claim today."
 
In the countryside, we tend to fence outselves off from wild animals where we need to. Yes some are killed but that is mainly to re-balance the imbalance man has imposed.

In town it seems different and no thought seems to be entertained to keep out wild animals if you dont want them in your garden. People just want them eradicated.
 

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Location
Brighton
User76 said:
To be fair, foxes probably think that humans constantly expanding their housing estates and building houses all over their natural habitat is a bit of a pain in the neck too.
Yes but I don't cr*p in their garden!:biggrin:
 

Cycling Naturalist

Legendary Member
Location
Llangollen
Over The Hill said:
In town it seems different and no thought seems to be entertained to keep out wild animals if you dont want them in your garden. People just want them eradicated.
Is that true? Most people seem very tolerant of urban foxes and problems only arise when they become a nuisance. Had there been urban hunts by the working classes with pit bull terriers then Labour would never have banned fox hunting.
 

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
Location
Leicestershire
darkstar said:
Foxes are around for one reason and one reason only; To be hunted on a jolly good day out :biggrin:
I'm sorry M'Lord. I'll be a tugging of my forelock to you and your good lady there on your 'igh 'orses your 'oliness sir:surrender:. Sorry to 'ave got in your way. Oi'll just be a lying down here for you to ride over so's your 'orses don't get their feet mucky.
 

darkstar

New Member
guitarpete247 said:
I'm sorry M'Lord. I'll be a tugging of my forelock to you and your good lady there on your 'igh 'orses your 'oliness sir:surrender:. Sorry to 'ave got in your way. Oi'll just be a lying down here for you to ride over so's your 'orses don't get their feet mucky.
Or the modern equivalent; 'oi, like don be harsh, these foxes hav feelins as well, innit. You posh people make me sick, your like well cruel. hang on a minute wen i go and beat someone up, i'll be right back... you want a kebab?'
 

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
Location
Leicestershire
darkstar said:
Or the modern equivalent; 'oi, like don be harsh, these foxes hav feelins as well, innit. You posh people make me sick, your like well cruel. hang on a minute wen i go and beat someone up, i'll be right back... you want a kebab?'
These townies don't know their place. They think they're the equal of you country squires.
They'll be wanting the vote next and then be a wanting to kill things. Maybe do some cock fighting or dog fighting or the loikes.
Out here in the country we know our place in society and be a bowing and a scraping to those that own the land and droive around in them there big tractors and the loikes;).

We see foxes regularly but know when to leave them alone and don't go prodding and pulling them. If there had been a wasps nest in the building I'm sure the caretaker would have had to remove or the parents would have been on the case and kept their little darlings away from it. Just because it is furry doesn't mean it's cuddly. How would they be in Australia with their spiders and snakes. They need to get a perspective on wildlife and treat it with the respect and caution it deserves.
 

darkstar

New Member
guitarpete247 said:
These townies don't know their place. They think they're the equal of you country squires.
They'll be wanting the vote next and then be a wanting to kill things. Maybe do some cock fighting or dog fighting or the loikes.
They already kill each other. And the vote should betaken away from them, it's wasted on the BNP or Labour :biggrin:
 
guitarpete247 said:
The fox, it seems, was disturbed from it's hiding place by a child maybe pulling it's tail. It was only defending it'self or possibly it's cubs from a percieved attack. The child was probaly larger than the fox.
I know the child had a right to be safe and in a safe environment. This should be up to the adults running the playgroup or the party. The same should be said of rats or any other wildlife that the child can come into contact with.
I agree and it's not just wildlife. If you pull a domestic cat's tail it's also going to turn and scratch/bite. First report was from the Sun yesterday which most others seem to have copied.
LINK
They even capitalised TAIL in a sentence: 'The terrified lad suffered cuts to his hands and feet when the animal savaged him after he tugged on its TAIL'.
Honestly. It doesn't even seem that the child was injured particularly if you read the rest of the story (despite use of emotive MAULS in the heading). And the picture would of course show a HUGE fox blown out of all proportion.
 

Trek Trauma Chris

New Member
Location
Cornwall
darkstar said:
Foxes are around for one reason and one reason only; To be hunted on a jolly good day out :smile:
Why not get some pit bull terriers, starve them for a week, then chuck the family spaniel or Labrador to them, to rip apart. You can get the missus and kids to stand around and cheer, and it saves all the bulls£$t of fancy dress and horses. Cheaper too I bet.
 
Top Bottom