Foxes - obviously Vicious potential killers!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I don't know if they have seen a fox in my youngest kid's school but there is often evidence they are around!!! Talk about an over-reaction, for a start its in totally different circumstances.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
They did that near us recently.......

...Although there was 12 African wild dogs escaped from a nearby Zoo!

Protecting (school aged) children from a fox is insanity! I would seriously have something to say about my kids being kept inside away from a fox!

OP
OP
Debian

Debian

I would go ape at my child's school if they did this! What better way to demonize wildlife and make kids scared of perfectly harmless animals! :smile:

Globalti

Legendary Member
Most of the people who frequent speciality web fora like this one are educated and capable of thinking things out for themselves so it comes as a shock when we come across proof of the level of idiocy in the general population.

PaulB

Legendary Member
For fox sake.

IGMC

OP
OP
Debian

Debian

Globalti said:
Most of the people who frequent speciality web fora like this one are educated and capable of thinking things out for themselves so it comes as a shock when we come across proof of the level of idiocy in the general population.

<unfair mode>... and especially in the teaching population ...<unfair mode>

Remember, please, behind every PC-gawn-maaad! story there's a lawyer at work. I've no doubt that, at the back of someone in authority's mind, there was lurking the exemplary firm of Messrs. Soothem, Grabbit and Scarpers, Family Solicitors, ready to make a killing and bankrupt the entire Education authority, all because some little darling grazed her knee in the playground and there just happened to be a rogue hamster within 200 yards of the scene...

(*mutters*)

Given this reaction over a single event (allegedly) involving a fox and a child.... and given the number of deaths injuries and bites by domestic pets.......

What would they have done if a family dog had appeared, would they have called for a military strike if they had seen a rottweiller?

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Globalti said:

:smile:

XmisterIS said:
The average IQ is 100 - which is almost "moron". :smile:

:smile::laugh::laugh: harsh, but fair!

It is frustrating that this knee jerk reactions are allowed to happen! I pick my son up from school quite a bit (other days I just leave him there), and every day there are at least 3-4 staff's or other 'dangerous' dogs* around which pose a much much larger threat than a fox and no one bats an eye lid, even though the last staffie mauling in the national news was on a young girl who lived in the same town as us!

Growing up, the tom cat we had used to get into scrapes with the odd fox, should we protect our school children from cat's too?

*No such thing as a dangerous dog, just dangerous owners, but its a different thread!

Top Bottom