Foxes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bill Gates

Taking my dogs for a walk this morning and just got them back on their leads and on to the footpath to go home and something drew my attention to the side. A small young fox was sitting there about 5 yards away watching us. Tne dogs pulled like mad to get to him, but the fox didn't budge. I managed to pull them away and carried on home, looked back and the fox is padding away behind us, bold as brass.

This continued up to my gate, and then up the side alley to the back garden and I looked back and the fox was sitting at the gate entrance. He wasn't in the least bit scared of my dogs and seemed to want to make contact. How about that?

Globalti

Legendary Member
If you were an African you'd be shitting yourself now, the fox was either one of your relatives back to warn you about something or somebody you have harmed in the past, back to haunt you. A Nigerian friend of mine involved in juju says you could make amends by having carnal relations with a melon and posting the picture on this website.

wafflycat

If you were an African you'd be shitting yourself now, the fox was either one of your relatives back to warn you about something or somebody you have harmed in the past, back to haunt you. A Nigerian friend of mine involved in juju says you could make amends by having carnal relations with a melon and posting the picture on this website.

:biggrin:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
For some reason this thread reminded me of the Mod Wolves (youtube clip) from the Mighty Boosh
smile.gif

jeltz

Veteran
I don't think that there is any debate about the fact that foxes are getting bolder, especially the increasing numbers of urban foxes. I guess that man isn't much of a threat any more indeed the rubbish we produce is a source of easy food.

There have even been a couple of stories that made it into the press about foxes entering houses and savaging babies/toddlers, one this year and one a few years ago. (Even so they are statistically less dangerous than the domestic dog I suppose)

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I have nothing but contempt for foxes - the b*stards stole my loafers, chewed up my walking boots, ate the wife's leather sandals and killed my ducks.
Now they sh*t on my lawn (I laughingly call it a lawn) every night.
Hang 'em high, I say.

darkstar

On many occasions our poor chickens have been savaged by a fox, no matter what cage we erect surrounding them, they manage to find a way in. How about that?

ChrisBD

I love them.

They make fantastic target practice prior to stalking trip.....just to make sure the .243 is zeroed. Bloody pests.

Taste terrible in a caserole though, trust me!

ChrisBD

On many occasions our poor chickens have been savaged by a fox, no matter what cage we erect surrounding them, they manage to find a way in. How about that?

We have a small old dog kennel on top of an 8ft fence post; a bit like an oversized bird table; with a length of 2x4 comming out from the door at an angle to the floor a bit like a ramp. On this there are a number of stapled kindling raisers as steps.

Strong enough for the chooks to get up but nowhere near strong enough for Charlie.

My wife designed it, I think she saw it on River Cottage or some such.

We are plagued with Chrlie's on the shoot and there is a lot of evidence around the farm, but the family chooks have never been touched.

OP
OP
Bill Gates

Bill Gates

I've seen people take food out for the foxes to the park when it's been very cold with ice and snow on the ground. At the end of the day they kill to survive as do we. We farm animals to feed ourselves. Before that we used to hunt and be hunted. If any of us were hungry our survival instincts would take over. Same for them.

buggi

Bird Saviour
part of the problem is the new bins and the fact you can't just put old bin bags out any more. makes it harder for them to scavenge so they are getting brave. They only kill to survive just like any other animal.

Hunting to "cull" them is load of old bollox, it's just an excuse for some sicko's idea of fun, they don't kill enough to keep numbers down, and it's a blood sport. People go mad about dog fighting and fox hunting is exactly the same thing, but 100 dogs against one wild dog. It's disgusting that people can justify it when there are laws against dog fighting which is one on one.

The way I see it, other countries live with dangerous animals and learn to live alongside them, so we should learn to live alongside the fox; FFS if you have kids you should be more worried about peadophiles coming in than foxes ... so keep your doors shut! I don't see them rushing to cull peadophiles when one takes a kid, do you? Or cull kiddie beaters??? In my opinion that would be a much better use of resources.

Taking my dogs for a walk this morning and just got them back on their leads and on to the footpath to go home and something drew my attention to the side. A small young fox was sitting there about 5 yards away watching us. Tne dogs pulled like mad to get to him, but the fox didn't budge. I managed to pull them away and carried on home, looked back and the fox is padding away behind us, bold as brass.

This continued up to my gate, and then up the side alley to the back garden and I looked back and the fox was sitting at the gate entrance. He wasn't in the least bit scared of my dogs and seemed to want to make contact. How about that?

I'll take your bold as brass fox and raise you a suicidal badger.