Frame bag recommendations please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rivers

How far can I go?
I had a custom frame bag made from bike bag-uk (https://www.bike-bag.co.uk/?fbclid=IwAR3m-E80I7LbP7qw8ccV1Xky8k1CRQYZeCrDMcuCs6y0wz_rXv8_mWp_bV8) . It's about 3.5 litres size wise (having a tiny framed bike means my full frame bag is about the same capacity of some half frame bags).
Once I sent them the template, I had the bag in roughly 4 days or so.

299077025_10100290746470205_4108880455308229305_n (1).jpg
-uk.

mikeIow

Guru
Some impressive setups here!
I only have a 2l wiggle lifeline frame bag, but it does appear well made: lasted a 19d LEJoG with some gnarly us a number of other more mini-adventures.
One thing to consider is how frame bags rub the frames (if that might bother you🤷‍♂️). I put some relatively transparent “helicopter tape” to protect mine a bit: I saw how it had rubbed an older bike.

Other suggestion is to look on Etsy: a number of sellers there offer to make custom frame bags…

Last edited:
I have a small, Restrap 'adventure race' frame bag. It's three litres and there's a large one at 4.2l.
https://restrap.com/collections/frame-bags/products/race-frame-bag

They're very light, if that matters to you. 180g and 240g respectively. It's well made and has lasted well, with robust zips. It's certainly neat and narrow; I've never had issues with my knees brushing the bag, even when it's fully packed. If I wanted a larger one I'd buy the same bag in 'large' unhesitatingly, but I have a Tailfin aeropack for when I need to carry lots of things.

OP
OP
Julia9054

Julia9054

Guru
I had a custom frame bag made from bike bag-uk (https://www.bike-bag.co.uk/?fbclid=IwAR3m-E80I7LbP7qw8ccV1Xky8k1CRQYZeCrDMcuCs6y0wz_rXv8_mWp_bV8) . It's about 3.5 litres size wise (having a tiny framed bike means my full frame bag is about the same capacity of some half frame bags).
Once I sent them the template, I had the bag in roughly 4 days or so.

View attachment 666114 -uk.

Ooh - that set up is lovely. (I also have that bar tape on my commuter bike)
Small frames definitely make frame bags tricky. I will check out your link.

si_c

Guru
I can highly recommend the Restrap frame bags, you might get away with a medium on a small frame. I use the large frame bag and it's astonishing how much stuff you can fit in it.

OP
OP
Julia9054

Julia9054

Guru
I have just used a 13 litre seat bag for a 5 day tour, but that was credit card touring so no need for extra capacity for camping gear.

Hmmm - very minimal. I don't camp either but definitely need more space than that!
I use my 11L Podsac for an overnight trip - going to the pub in a skirt + cycling shoes is an odd look though.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Hmmm - very minimal. I don't camp either but definitely need more space than that!
I use my 11L Podsac for an overnight trip - going to the pub in a skirt + cycling shoes is an odd look though.

It allows one change of clothes for the evening and one set for riding during the day.

Top Bottom