Frame Failure

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Glasses, not bike!!

Damn!!!:cursing:
After only 25 years use (or so), my Oakley Mumbos have given up the ghost
That's two frames, I have, that have split in the same location
Yes... the other pair was the same age as well! (other was a 'crystal blue'??)

Sadly, it seems that the Mumbo is no longer available, as I can't find any, just a few 'M-Frames', but no yellow lenses

66453153_10217840312551773_8110806697796173824_n.jpg

The blues 'took the bullet' in late 2017
24900253_10213332086968951_195196432076236275_n.jpg

Globalti

Legendary Member
A combination of sweat and UV has made the plastic brittle.

But you'll get years more out of that Explorer map 21, which covers some of the best cycling in Britain.

A bit of electric tape and they will be as good as new.
I've tried glue
I have some 'Gorilla Glue' somewhere but couldn't find it, so used what SWMBO uses for plastic buildings on the model-railway, they seem okay this morning, but the proof will be in the riding

You could do a Jack Duckworth?!
Who, & I presume it's a remedy?

A combination of sweat and UV has made the plastic brittle.
But you'll get years more out of that Explorer map 21, which covers some of the best cycling in Britain.
True, I guess 25 years is a decent service for them. I have a fondness for the yellow lenses, as they -possibly- saved my sight back in early 1997, when I hit the rear of an abandoned (as it turned out) car, on an unlit road, & I went through the rear-screen.
(A61, on section between Leeds & Wakefield, just to the Robin Hood side of the 'Jawbones')

1990s. Accident.The Aftermath 2. (March 1997).jpg
Kept, as reminder not to do it again! (& still in the garage)
1990s. Accident. March 1997. The Aftermath. 2.JPG

As for that sheet, yes, it covers a wonderful section of the Pennines, although why doesn't it have the legend 'Here Be Dragons' for the section that cover Lancashire???

What a coincidence. I was born in Rothwell and lived not far from Jawbones. I have lived near Manchester now though for 30+ years.
I worked in Leeds, for 11 years, & rode past them, as most days I'd ride in, & home via Bell Hill, & that marvellous road-lay out

Here's a memory for you them
St Georges Hospital has gone, now houses in the grounds - the clock tower still stands though!:okay:
Hargreaves Transport yard, on Oulton Lane, is now houses too!
The centre of Rothwell has changed greatly, in that time, particularly around Commercial Street
Morrisons is still there, but is in a new building, to the north of Commercial Street (down to Ingram Parade, where the tailors was with the military dress uniforms in the windows

View: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10215149424841262&set=a.10213760022027060&type=3&theater

@AuroraSaab
There's a few images, from the surrounding area, in my FB albums (mainly the 'Leeds' albums), but some in the biker/railway offerings

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Who, & I presume it's a remedy?
Jack Duckworth: Coronation Street character noted for keeping pigeons, being married to Vera and having glasses held together with tape.
4a7b320903b837351fae6761eb0d2c5a.jpg

AuroraSaab

Veteran
Since my dad died 5 years ago I have no reason to visit Rothwell anymore, but yes it has changed a lot in recent years. It was never the same after they allowed Morrison's to build their original supermarket, move the market cross, and block Commercial Street off.

Since my dad died 5 years ago I have no reason to visit Rothwell anymore, but yes it has changed a lot in recent years. It was never the same after they allowed Morrison's to build their original supermarket, move the market cross, and block Commercial Street off.
One thing that did perhaps require renewing was the old Library, I remember that (as characterful. as it was!)

View: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10215241063052160&set=a.10215240859167063&type=3&theater

Top Bottom