Frame fit pumps, realistic maximum pressure?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
rrarider

rrarider

Veteran
Topeak road master blaster will also do that, IME.
The cheap Zefal 3 that I am using at the moment struggles to get any higher pressure than 'a bit hard'. It came down to a choice between the Zefal HPX and the Master Blaster. I ordered the latter as SJS's website informed me that spare washers for the Zefal were no longer available. I remember having pumps that worked a lot better than my current one, so I shall find out how good the Topeak it is when it is delivered. Sadly, long gone are the days when every town had a number of small independent bike shops where one could go in and see a range of suitable products. Thank goodness for SJS who have helped me out on a number of occasions by stocking spares that fitted my 1980s steel Raleigh with its 6 speed friction shifting rear mech.

OP
OP
rrarider

rrarider

Veteran
The Topeak road master blaster arrived today. I tested it and it achieves the desired high pressure quite quickly and without too much effort. It fits well on my bike, held securely between the bottom bracket and top tube by the handle's spring pressure alone. It is engineered to a much higher standard than the cheap Zefal 3, which it replaced. Thanks all for the useful suggestions.

Top Bottom