Frame Restoration

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mikeymustard

Veteran
;) I think woodbutcher means it cost twice as much as a ready-built oldster, it's probably still many dollars (or euros in his case) less than a half decent new bike

mikeymustard

Veteran
Nice sympathetic modernisation btw @woodbutcher

OP
OP
Rockn Robin

Rockn Robin

And IMHO they ride better too! My modernised Raleigh 531 frame (that i paid about £30 for) rides smoother than my Genesis Equilibrium, and with modern wheels, weighs less too :smile:

Ooops!! Sorry. I hit the like then the unlike right after by mistake, instead of the reply. I guess I need another mug of coffee this morning. Perhaps this will help.

s-l300.jpg

Anyway, I think if I find a decent older bike, get the frame painted, clean up the components from dirt and rust, I should have a good rider.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Im in the US....even the Raleigh Twenty is few and far between in my neck of these woods.
Very few. I had the folder version for a few years, and it was the first and last one I've seen. As a work bike, it was quite good. I'm currently building up a Mongoose Switchback (24" wheels, 2x6 speeds, chromaloy, ) as a slightly larger replacement/improvement. Because I'm just too big for a folding bike.

Top Bottom