Frame size help needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milo

Guru
separator.gif
Hello im about 5 foot 8 would a 21 inch frame size be to big for me?
currently ride a mountain bike and i believe frame sizes are different bike im looking at is. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DAWES-SAHARA-...ryZ33503QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

OP
OP
M

Milo

Guru
And another things not wanting to make a new thead.
Would a Dawes Sahara be adequate as a light tourer?
hard to find any product reviews of it.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
All depends upon your inside leg, and of course there is a huge difference between the older design horizontal top tubed bikes and the newer compact frames.

A 21 inch would be OK if a horizontal top tube (say 31/32in inside leg), but not if a compact it would be way too big - go to a bike shop or bigger retailer and mooch about and ask them what is probably best.....say you'll have a think, nothings taken your eye, and get some more advice. Try some for size. As a guide, the seat post should be way out of the frame, not with nothing showing, but well within the limit marker !

fishheads

Having simalar problems they are all different im 5,8" and some say small 16" and some 21" you really do need to go and try before you buy,
good luck

simonali

Guru
I'm 5' 8" and that relates to a 21.5" horizontal top tube road frame, a 17" MTB frame and anywhere in between for any other sort of bike, so I'd be looking around that sort of range.

Top Bottom