Frame size measurement - Dalesman

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rob dixon

Does anyone know what measurement Claud Butler/Falcon use for this? Is it to the top of the seat tube or is it to the centre of the top tube?
I have just acquired a 55cm one (2008 model) based on liking a mate's of 'the same size' and vintage, and he is the same height as me. But it is possibly a bit small for my 6'1". It seems there are two ways of measuring this. Mine is 55cm to the top of the seat tube - is it possible his is 55cm to the top tube?
Thanks,
R

mordor

Hi there

I have the same model and vintage (dark green) and frame size; frame measurement is to top of seat tube.

I'm 5' 10'' with an inside leg of 29" and find this frame size ideal for me but I would imagine with your height you would find it a tad uncomfortable

OP
OP
R

rob dixon

Thanks mordor. Will check with colleague here to see if what I test rode IS the same as what I ordered. Bought from same LBS, same Cycle Scheme etc.

OP
OP
R

rob dixon

Checked - it is the same, 55 cm to top of seat tube. I suppose that if I went for a larger size, I would end up with more weight on my arms, which is not ideal as one of my elbows doesn't like this for too long. I have a bar raiser to help and have wondered about ergo bars, but trying to avoid at present due to cost. LBS suggested £100 to change, with them keeping the cold components.

Top Bottom