Frame Size Question

Discussion in 'Bicycle Mechanics and Repairs' started by Baja Dan, 20 Jul 2012.

1. Baja Dan

Baja Dan Regular

How do you know?

2. Aiden_23

Aiden_23 Active Member

You just know!!!! Get yourself down to your LBS and they will hook you up with a few different sizes see what you feel comfy on.

3. asterix

asterix Comrade Member

It's not a simple thing IMO, where you can just sit on a bike and because everything is within reach it fits!

I have spent a lot of time tweaking things, stem lengths, saddle position and so on. Then I had a bike made for me by Roberts and it was almost perfect from day one. The only change I made to their set up was to lower the saddle nose by an almost imperceptible amount.

Earlier I had a bike made for me by a shop who will be nameless* and it was a shambles, so not all bike shops are your friend. The last bike I bought, for utility, was from Evans, York this year. They were helpful, let me go out for a good test ride, twice.

* a long time ago now.

4. daddyshambles

daddyshambles Active Member

measure from the middle of the crank at the bottom bracket to the top of the frame under the saddle, in inches

5. gwhite

gwhite Über Member

This would only give you the length of the seat tube but one also needs the length of the Top tube which is equally important.

dave r likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice