France v. South Africa

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
dellzeqq said:
I thought it was a sending off - combine the arm with movement, and it was a heck of an impact - and, crucially, there was nowhere for the defender to go to avoid the impact. Uruguay have scored, and South Africa need two more goals to go through - although if Uruguay score more South Africa need fewer goals.

All the complaints about the group system can be consigned to the bin. This is an excellent turn of events.

I agree, this World Cup group stage is becoming incredibly interesting! France is the first of what could well be a European exodus at the end of this stage!

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Steve Austin said:
Watch it again at half time. it looks like the player jumps with arms up and his hand contact the other player. i didn't see an elbow, did you?
It wasn't a hand, it was a forearm smash.

Watch any decent header of the ball, at the moment of contact the arms are down.

iLB

Hello there
i think the itv commentators have brought their thesaurus' along for this one 'nefarious' and 'equanimous' are not words you often hear in footballing commentary haha, exciting game too.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Using the arm for some leverage is one thing... but how does one get leverage when flying towards another player with ones arm out?

Leverage is gained from jumping upwards at the same time as the person next to you, and getting an advantage by using them to help you get higher.

Definite sending off.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Froggies with 1 back, for a while it looked like the great escape for SA was on

on the road

Über Member
I wonder if they'll make it home?

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
iLB said:
i think the itv commentators have brought their thesaurus' along for this one 'nefarious' and 'equanimous' are not words you often hear in footballing commentary haha, exciting game too.

They should bring a dictionary as well and look up 'fortuitous'.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
iLB said:
hahahaha, domenech not shaking hands with S.A coach, silly french

that was fantastically ill-mannered. The South African coach would have been no less disappointed by the result than Domenech, but he made the effort to walk over to the French manager.

Top Bottom