France v. South Africa

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
six changes in the French team, and five in the South African team. Domenech has dropped his captain, and is no longer talking to the team. Anybody care to predict what's going to happen? No? I don't blame you.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
The buggers will probably win with panache - is that non-alcoholic biere?

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
it looks like Thierry Henry, the famous basketball player, has taken over the managership. The words 'hissy' and 'fit' come to mind.

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
That was never a sending off!!

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Steve Austin said:
That was never a sending off!!
Disagree there.

It was downright dangerous and the ref was spot on. I can understand using the arms for leverage during the initial jump, but if you keep them out like airplane wings all the time you are sailing toward an opponant's face then you deserve to go.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I thought it was a sending off - combine the arm with movement, and it was a heck of an impact - and, crucially, there was nowhere for the defender to go to avoid the impact. Uruguay have scored, and South Africa need two more goals to go through - although if Uruguay score more South Africa need fewer goals.

All the complaints about the group system can be consigned to the bin. This is an excellent turn of events.

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
Watch it again at half time. it looks like the player jumps with arms up and his hand contact the other player. i didn't see an elbow, did you?

Top Bottom