Frank Schleck

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

squiggle

I was just reading about the Schleck brothers and remembered about the Tour incident.

Does anyone know any more on the Frank Schleck situation regarding him dropping out for positive testing of Xipamide? Has Radio-Shack Nissan suspended him from the team?

I had a brief look for an answer and couldn't find one. The team web site has nothing and none of the press seem to have followed the story beyond the initial findings and withdrawal. Sorry.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Now this is an elegant if implausible slant on Bruyneel/Radioshack innit ?
Cynic - it's as plausible as Tyler's missing twin!^_^
I read a couple of weeks ago that the Lux cycling fed had delayed the hearing for a few weeks so it should be imminent. I have no great faith in them after previous leniency though and I may be wrong but the last xipimide dosed rider only got 3 months anyway.

This is either high farce or the lowest of low ebbs for cycling. I presume foolish Frank is clutching at straws, but is it possible to to completely dismiss any story, however far fetched, when it's about Bruyneel and his ilk. Of course we can rely on those stalwart custodians of the sport to get to the bottom of this with a thorough investigation.
:scratch:

thom

____
He's had his hearing : http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/frank-schleck-has-good-feeling-about-doping-defence
Awaiting ALAD's decision - Frank seems optimistic. I do hope we get to hear the proposed defence - the onus is on Frank to explain why Xipamide turned up in his system.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
So Bruyneel or a malicious spectator or Frank?
Shall we start a poll?
FWIW, my money's on Frank - I know it's controversial but hey!

thom

____
It's a bit of a coincidence, the timing of the info being sent to ALAD and the story about Bruyneel in L'equipe but unless someone on the RSNT team were to vouch for that story it is unsupportable. So I think he's trying another excuse.

oldroadman

Veteran
Peloton would be a safer place, they do seem to be quite expert at horizontal cycling a fair bit, and encouraging others to join in.:ohmy:

I quite like the Schlecks because they remind me a little of the animated characters in Les Triplettes de Belleville.

I am therefore pretty sure that they don't dope and never would.

Also, the greatest ignominy for a car manufacturer is to be rescued from the abyss by Renault... so why would they then want to sponsor a pro-cycling team. A dirty rider wouldn't go to Nissan (or Datsun, as we used to say). Which suggests he's clean.

Also.... Two bothers in the same team... I think that's quite funny. So he's clean. Got to be.

I hope that clears up this whole messy and unfortunate misunderstanding.

Top Bottom