Frank's MK2 trike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

byegad

Legendary Member
How do you find the braking? My tadpole trikes will out brake any ordinary bike, while my Kettwiesel with two rear brakes and the seat between the rear wheels brakes only as well as a traditional bike. I have a rear disc on my QNT for parking but weight transference makes it next to useless on the move.

.....I live in a flat area, so powerful brakes are not necessary. On a typical 20k jaunt, I barely use the coaster brake, just a touch now and then. I'm sure I've done many trips without using the brake at all. I also keep well away from heavy trafficked roads, so my routes are very relaxing, with little stop/starting. The flatness is also why a 3-speed is more than enough, 1-speed for now, until I get round to swapping wheel from the mk1. I'm a great believer in keeping things simple, and hub gears, coaster brake, no suspension does for me. Would also recommend Big Apple tyres if you haven't already tried them ...........

Welcome aboard Emma, only recently joined here myself. As much as I like 'bents, and the AZ site, I still ride a few DF bikes, and this site gives loads of interesting stuff to read.

Also, it's UK-centric, so get to hear what's happening at Aldi, Halfords etc.

Enloying my hols here in UK, weather perfect. When back in Thailand I'll be making either a cruiser bike or a LWB 'bent next - maybe both at same time :smile:

Take a look at BROL if you haven't already had a peep, lots of stuff on there that may be of interest.

Top Bottom