Frank's MK2 trike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi folks,

Recently completed building my MK2 trike, and thought I'd share a couple pics with you :hello:
IMG_2750.jpg

IMG_2752.jpg

numbnuts

Legendary Member
WoW very nice and clean looking well done

fixedfixer

Veteran
Fantastic job. You weld alloy - respect is due (I can only melt it so just work with steel). Also like the chain guards and the use of tubes for the rear triangle. You are most welcome here posting pictures like this. Welcome.

...thanks all for the kind words.

The frame and all steering linkages made from stainless steel, regular 304, readily available over where I live. Got my own TIG welder, perfect for thin guage section (0.8mm wall). Finished weight of this trike is about 40lb (18kg). Am running as single speed with coaster brake for now, but later will swap the wheel off mk1, which is a 3-speed Sturmer Archer, again with coaster brake. I do like the clean look with no cables though :smile:

starhawk

Interesting clean design, but you must have very flat surroundings to drive it with only one gear. The bottom bracket are a bit low so look out for undulations in the road, heelstrikes it not a nice thing

...yes, built the thing myself. The BB height is the same as on my mk1, and never had a heel strike in 2.5 years of use. Also on the mk1, ran it for 1st year as one speed with no issues. Three speed is better, and like I said will upgrade to this after the honeymoon period of tweaking and test rides.......

classic33

Leg End Member
Classic33 : Not sure what woods valves are, my trike has regular Schrader type valves, but with fancy dust caps :smile:
You've never heard of Woods valves!
They were the ones that were held in place by a locking cap/ring. Nearly every puncture repair outfit used to have a small piece of tubular rubber, that could be cut to size to repair the valve itself.

...yep, now you've mentioned them I do recall that type, not seen them in donkey's years though, and I do remember the repair kit having the spare bit of rubber. The locally bought tubes have the lock ring on the valve, which I prefer, and the Big Apple tyres ensure no punctures .........oh dear.......just jinxed myself..........

Top Bottom