Fred Whitton challenge?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milzy

Guru
Hey all.

I'm thinking of riding the F.W.C and may turn it into a fund raiser as I've had a few family and friends terminally ill over the last few years.
How much is it to enter and can anybody recommended a place to stay overnight near the start??

Kind regards C.C

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
It is £300 to get a guaranteed charity ride, otherwise you have to enter via a lottery. Full details HERE.

Kingy

Anyone get and entry to the Fred for this year (May 8th)?
I did the charity pre-entry. You did pay £300 in advance, but then get £250 back once your charity fundraising hits that level. I'm hoping to raise over £1000 for Macmillan Cancer Support if all goes to plan.
I'm keeping steady training up and now starting to introduce longer rides and more climbing as I don't want to under estimate just how tough it will be. Hardnott Pass at 98 miles ... Ouch!

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
I decided to do it next year. Not enough time to train. Weather always bad. Even weather can be bad around there on the event. If you do it next year I'll ride with you.

Kingy

I decided to do it next year. Not enough time to train. Weather always bad. Even weather can be bad around there on the event. If you do it next year I'll ride with you.

I've structured my 'base' training into my work commute, which means I'm out regardless of the weather. It works well for me as I doubt I'd get the mileage I am doing a week if I had to fit training in any other way. As you say, the weather is tedious to say the least. Will let you know on '17. This years experience will no doubt be the deciding factor! :blink: ^_^

Have a defered entry from last year....looking forward to the suffering:eek:

My "mate" who talked me into doing the Fred this year has the same. He did it in 2014 and fancies doing it again this year. He has tagged me in a few videos and graphics which show how brutal the climbs are.

Maverick Goose

A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place
I'm doing it-I'm used to rides of that length with that much climbing, having lived in the Peaks, the Lakes, Snowdonia and the Highlands before. I'm going to start upping the mileage in my commute now the days are getting a bit longer and get a few 100+ milers in in the next few months . Then it's the Peak Epic on June 5th!:training::sweat:

Maverick Goose

A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place
Didn't get an entry :sad:
Sorry to hear that....better luck next year hopefully!:okay:

MiK1138

Veteran
Good Luck to anyone doing this on Sunday, Couple of guys from my cycle group ( West Coast Velo ) doing it so s specisl shout out to them

SonicRob

i did i last year , they said it was the hardest year so far as there was 25mph winds that day and basically you not only had to pedal up the hills you also had to pedal down then while holding onto your bike for dear life , the amount of people i saw in the hedge rows who had just been blown off was rediculas, and of course it rained.

Top Bottom