Fred Whitton challenge?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

huwsparky

Über Member
i did i last year , they said it was the hardest year so far as there was 25mph winds that day and basically you not only had to pedal up the hills you also had to pedal down then while holding onto your bike for dear life , the amount of people i saw in the hedge rows who had just been blown off was rediculas, and of course it rained.
No rain today, just hot. Surprisingly a headwind for hardknott and Wrynose. Tough last 20 miles on that route.

Kingy

Yep. First time ever riding in the Lakes and it was to do the Fred. Short sleeves from 6.20am start it was that hot. Fantastic event. Organisation was superb and support along the way with people ringing cow bells and shouting encouragement was brilliant - as was the camaraderie between riders. Tough day and Hardknott was brutal. Made it up on the bike (Wrynose aswell) and enjoyed a couple of the best tasting pints of Peroni ever in Ambleside later in the afternoon! Added a short report on my blog. https://theangrybiker.wordpress.com...ker-takes-on-the-fred-whitton-challenge-2016/

Last edited:
Top Bottom