Free: British Eagle Touristique frame in truly awful condition

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
This was my daily commuter for over 20 years and suffered serial and serious neglect. (I have now been shown the error of my ways, I am a reformed character and will never allow any bike I own to fall into such a state ever again, honest guv) I now intend to do the decent thing and put it out of its misery. If anyone wants to save it from the tip, please get in touch.

Frame size 22"
Collection only, from Bolton, Lancashire.
I'll keep the wheels and mudguards but you can have the rest.

Pictures below (serious bike-lovers and cyclists of a nervous disposition should look away now :sad:)

P4140001.JPG
P4140002.JPG
P4140003.JPG
P4140004.JPG
P4140005.JPG
P4140006.JPG
P4140008.JPG

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
I gave this one away: http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/free-extremely-bad-condition-mtb.96927/

Yours make it look positively brand new.

Good luck with giving it away (you might have to bribe someone).

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
That is seriously zarked, I nevers seen a frame in that sort of poor condition. I have the same frame in my garage awaiting reconditioning, they're great, but beware throwing any money at that one.

jim55

Guru
tbh it might b ok after a blast and fresh powder coat ,if its all 531 it might b worth it ,fixed conversion

That is seriously zarked, I nevers seen a frame in that sort of poor condition. I have the same frame in my garage awaiting reconditioning, they're great, but beware throwing any money at that one.
Just niceley broken in.......
Just a little surface rust. Pity there's no metal below the surface :becool:.
Ahh be alright bit of body filler,newspaper, cardboard and sticky back plastic be fine honest guv.
What are you going to do - keep the 531 labels and stick them on a new frame? :thumbsup:
tbh it might b ok after a blast and fresh powder coat ,if its all 531 it might b worth it ,fixed conversion

T-CUT-328x367.jpg
Sorted :laugh:

Well I'm now the proud owner of this *ahem* frameset, and I can honestly say that STASS's description was absolutely bang on :laugh:

Anyhoo, I loves a good tinker I do, and there is plenty of tinkering to be had with this one. I don't intend spending anything on it, (but it's going to cost a fair bit in penetrating fluid I feel), but if I can salvage anything then I'll be happy. Looks like the seat post is stuck for starters though, grrrrrrrr!

Still, it'll keep me out of mischief for a while, and if it all ultimately ends up on the tip then so be it. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Thanks STASS, it was lovely to meet you. Now about one of ColinJ's rides............................................................:whistle:

Well I'm now the proud owner of this *ahem* frameset, and I can honestly say that STASS's description was absolutely bang on :laugh:

Anyhoo, I loves a good tinker I do, and there is plenty of tinkering to be had with this one. I don't intend spending anything on it, (but it's going to cost a fair bit in penetrating fluid I feel), but if I can salvage anything then I'll be happy. Looks like the seat post is stuck for starters though, grrrrrrrr!

Still, it'll keep me out of mischief for a while, and if it all ultimately ends up on the tip then so be it. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Thanks STASS, it was lovely to meet you. Now about one of ColinJ's rides............................................................:whistle:

A pleasure to meet you, too, Smokey. I know that, like most of us, you've got another life outside cycling but I shall definitely be nudging you to join us on a ColinJ excursion. Lovely scenery, smashing people, always good fun. If there's one at the end of August you'll be so fit after your charity century that you'd be waiting for us all the time :reading: :bicycle: :bicycle::bicycle:

Top Bottom