Free Cycling GPS for Android Phone with Turn by Turn Voice Navigation using GPX files

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Teuchter

Über Member
I gave Osmand a try over the weekend on a 13 mile route I know well using a mix of cycle tracks and roads. I'd created the route on ridewithgps and exported the gpx file which I then copied to Osmand's tracks folder.

Things were generally fine except roundabouts for which the turn by turn directions were a nightmare. Osmand seemed to treat them not as roundabouts but as a succession of closely spaced individual junctions, one for each exit. If I hadn't known the route I don't know where I'd have ended up!

It was on my old HTC Desire and went from 100% to 87% battery over the ride which I thought was ok.

Jdratcliffe

I gave Osmand a try over the weekend on a 13 mile route I know well using a mix of cycle tracks and roads. I'd created the route on ridewithgps and exported the gpx file which I then copied to Osmand's tracks folder.

Things were generally fine except roundabouts for which the turn by turn directions were a nightmare. Osmand seemed to treat them not as roundabouts but as a succession of closely spaced individual junctions, one for each exit. If I hadn't known the route I don't know where I'd have ended up!

It was on my old HTC Desire and went from 100% to 87% battery over the ride which I thought was ok.

can i ask how long you were out for roughly ?

Lutinho

Is there a cheap (or free) alternative for Iphone-users?
Things I'd like to have in the app:
- turn by turn voice navigation (or a signal)
- low battery-usage (for tours of 3 hours)
- upload gpx-files in the app

thanks

Top Bottom