Free Dawes Galaxy (Swindon)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shaun

Founder
Apologies Mark - this is terrible, and totally against the community spirit of CC.

Accepting goods for free and then selling them for a profit is NOT what the "free to a good home" exchange forum is all about.

This is the first time I've been aware that anyone has done this on CC and Jonnyrau won't get the opportunity again - banned!!!!

Shaun.

montage

God Almighty
Three cheers for Shaun!

Panter

Just call me Chris...
What's to stop everyone setting up dummy accounts on ebay and bidding millions of pounds to ensure it doesn't sell?

You have to give a phone number, or credit card details so that they can verify your identity before setting up another account now, not that I've just tried or anything :whistle:
I don't know how legally binding ebay is if you win something?

Jonnyrau1

I want to sort this out as much as everyone else does. I have asked my brother and he is willing to give 25% of the proceeds to the forum. Is that ok? I am really sorry about the hassle ive caused and also to mark aswell. Please accept my apologies.

OP
OP
mark barker

mark barker

I want to sort this out as much as everyone else does. I have asked my brother and he is willing to give 25% of the proceeds to the forum. Is that ok?

Why don't you just give 100% of the proceeds to Mark?

I'm not interested in the money, if I was then I'd have just stuck it on ebay myself... But I do think a donation to the forum would be the decent thing to do... Maybe Jonnyrau1 should have a chat with Admin to discuss the options?

Jonnyrau1

he has invested some time and parts in making it as it is now. Im just trying to come to a compromise.

If not ill accept the ban and leave.

montage

God Almighty
There shouldn't be much of a compromise in the first place. You scammed mark into giving you a bike and you full well know you were going to sell it. Stop all this "it is my brother" rubbish because we aren't having it. You are responsible, you caused this problem, you fix it. 25% of the donations is a start but it is the fact you have done this twice, not just once. I'm in full support of a lifetime ban in your direction and fingers karma has a role to play with you sometime soon.

Jonnyrau1

Well Montage, it has everything to do with my brother and I definitely didn't scam mark into giving me the bike. If thats the way you all want it then ill leave..I just sorry about the whole situation.p.s. its not for you to say what should happen. I think mark should say what he wants to happen and ill do my best to do that.

jeltz

Veteran
From the looks of it this guy has picked up the bike for free and spent some money on it, then he's selling it on.

If it was true that his brother had found it to be too large or in some other way unsuitable he should offer it back to the forum but with a fee payable for the parts and labour he has invested.

IMO he's misrepresented his intentions, and just wishes to turn this round for a quick profit. Entrepreneurship like that makes the world turn but isn't in the spirit of a community such as ours, and while Mark may be due some input into things its Shaun who has the say over whether Jonnyrau should be entitled to stay as part of this community.

PpPete

Legendary Member
Just a quick reminder that there were genuine forum members who were interested in this bike but didnt get in quick enough because they wrre away touring.

FWIW I'd be quite happy to pay for any so-called improvements that Jonnyrau & his brother have made, AND drive to Oxford to pick it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom