Free Dawes Galaxy (Swindon)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

montage

God Almighty
One of my main irks is that before jonnyrau came along, is somebody wanted to borrow something on here, or wanted a freebie then I would have felt pretty safe buying/selling/lending people stuff. Now jonnyrau has just taken things back to reality to remind me of the sort of people that are out there. I'm sorry but my trust for people online has taken a dip (obviously there are many with a good reputation and long term members on here, and those who I chat to a lot who I still hope I can trust).

Jonnyrau, porkypete has expressed an interest in your bike - a good start to making amends to this whole thing could be to offer him the bike free of charge minus the extra additions you put on. It is one thing to apologise, it is another to do something about it.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
In fairness to porkypete, he was next in line and should have had this bike when HD declined it. At least he's a genuine cycling enthusiast and that's exactly the sort of forummer this bike should have gone to in the first place. I doubt if Mark would argue with that or anyone else for that matter.

Christopher

Über Member
:B) Up to £31 on ebay (Montage's link).
The guilty party could restore it to how it was when he got it for free and then offer it to the forum for nothing. The bike looks vile with bullhorns. Note that Jonnrau has re-registered after being banned under his original username :B) .

PpPete

Legendary Member
to be fair to mark, he did PM me.... but I was away from t'internet at the time (not being of the iphone geneneration) and so didnt pick up on it until after he had another taker.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
he has invested some time and parts in making it as it is now. Im just trying to come to a compromise.

If not ill accept the ban and leave.

Looks like all he has done is lowered the bars. A disgrace ...:angry:

Shaun

Founder
Jonnyrau, you've had an opportunity to speak but the ban still stands as this is not the first time you have done this on CC.

The CC forums are for members to inter-trade with each other; they are NOT a marketplace for traders and it is not in the spirit of this community to take items intended as "free to a good home" and sell them for a profit elsewhere.

You could have gone about this differently; you could have offered the bike back into the CC community, or you could have asked Mark if he minded you selling it, but unfortunately you didn't.

Whilst there is nothing to stop you selling items you've acquired from the CC forums, you took something for free that the giver intended to be used for pleasure and you turned it into a quick profit.

I'm going to close this thread and would appreciate it if you don't register any more user accounts here.

Equally, I would also appreciate it if members here do not go bad-mouthing Jonnyrau on other sites / forums. Action taken here is reflective of Jonnyrau's conduct here - his conduct elsewhere should stand on its own merit.

I would hope, however, that as a result of this you will reflect on how you inter-trade at other sites / forums, and be a little more conscientious and considerate in conducting future transactions.

Thanks,
Shaun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom