Free Evans Rochdale sportive entry, 27th Jan 13 - but you'll need to be me!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I've booked onto Evans Rochdale's sportive on Sunday 27th Jan next year and am down to do the Long route: http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/evans-cycles-2013-rides-discount-code-for-7-days.116308/ Last year's route is here: Strava has the route from last year here: http://www.strava.com/rides/3714544

However ... I can't now go due to SWMBO wanting a trip to Center Parcs in Sherwood that weekend.

Would anyone like my place? You'll also get a free £10 box of gels/stuff thrown in since I booked early.

The downside?

Evans don't let you cancel or change places, so you'll have to be me! I'm happy to forward the e-mail with entry on.

For info; I'm male (so no ladies!) and aged 42, so kids/OAPs will be excluded as well!

ianjmcd

Über Member
would love to but just too far away distance wise

Sorry DL but I'm not going to be able to make this after all. It would have been a good ride to kick the year off with too.

Just had a look at the route, Crag Vale :wacko: God I hate that climb, but that's not why I can't do it :whistle:

Seriously though, having only just got around to mentioning it to SWMBO, Mrs S has kindly pointed out a family commitment that day :sad:

What's wrong with the Cragg Vale climb (apart from the cross-headwind you normally get from the right on the open moorland higher up)?
Nowt once you've cleared it and you're going down t'other side :bicycle::biggrin:

I do like the descent to Littleborough!
I don't have an issue with the descents from either side ^_^

I've only ridden it once TBH and I came from the Hebden Bridge side, so I went down the road you pictured then went off to Hollingworth Lake and worked my way home from there.

IIRC the road surface lower down on that picture wasn't the best, but then again none of the roads around here are any better TBH :cursing:

Hope your feeling better Col :cheers:

Top Bottom