free high viz vests!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
now that IS good news.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Nice one Sheffield. I hope plenty of people take them up on it.

Oh. Not so many that each one gets lost in a sea of hi-viz....;)

OP
OP
B

bonj2

I've requested one, but i've only just seen that they've got a climate change slogan "the zero emission option" on the back.
Not sure i'm too happy about that. I'm not sure I want to be high and mighty and 'on my high horse' etc. Might take to wearing it inside out.

Arch

Married to Night Train
bonj said:
I've requested one, but i've only just seen that they've got a climate change slogan "the zero emission option" on the back.
Not sure i'm too happy about that. I'm not sure I want to be high and mighty and 'on my high horse' etc. Might take to wearing it inside out.

You could stick one of those "My other car's a Ferrari" stickers on the back under the slogan..

Bigtallfatbloke

well I just asked for one because i think it's agreat idea and the slogan is cool as well...dont live in sheffiled though so we'll see.

OP
OP
B

bonj2

Lord of the Teapot said:
* Expects to see a large amount of auctions on ebay soon for these vests from the Sheffield area * ;)

they won't fetch more than the postage.

marinyork said:
Cheers, I might even take them up on the offer, although I'm not convinced of how useul they are.

Are you insane? In low light conditions (dusk, when mosy accidents occur) they are excellent, you glow like Blackpool Tower. At night I would say they are more effective than a £400 halogen front light - lights can get lost amongst car headlights - whilst a vest reflects light from hundreds of yards away.

Blue

Legendary Member
Seems like an excellent idea - nice to see a LA doing something practical.

However, looking at the stats, I'm glad I don't cycle in the area concerned!!

Danny

Legendary Member
bonj said:

If Sheffield Council can get Bonj to take a stand against global warming they deserve a medal.

Top Bottom