freehub replacement

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
wondered if anyone can help - i have an old pair of rolf prima aspin sl wheels with a campagnolo hub
i havent used them much and in very good condition
they won't be used on my campag bike so i want to change the hub to shimano 10 speed
i have looked at rolf website and looks like it will cost a fortune
does anyone know what sort of hub i need as i cant find out anywhere !
the hub comes off easy so i would have thought it was just knowing what part and plonking back on
any help much appreciated

Attachments

• IMG_0539.JPG
    IMG_0539.JPG
    17.6 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0540.JPG
    IMG_0540.JPG
    20.5 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0541.JPG
    IMG_0541.JPG
    16.1 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0551.JPG
    IMG_0551.JPG
    18.7 KB · Views: 46
You want to change the freehub body? I assume that's what you want to do.

Show me a photograph of the freehub body as per your photo with the measuring tape referece, but with out the tape. Full frontal, perpendicular and with good focus. If I can see the pawl design I may be able to recognise it.

OP
OP
berty bassett

berty bassett

Legendary Member
cheers - hope these help
i have a old shimano freehub but the pawls are too big
would i be thick in thinking that it is possible to strip down both and put the shimano body on the other hub - or is that impossible

Attachments

• IMG_0552.JPG
    IMG_0552.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0553.JPG
    IMG_0553.JPG
    81.8 KB · Views: 33
I am pretty certain that is a standard Novatec freehub body. Novatec supplies several OEMs such as PowerTap (Cyclops) with exactly that freehub body for use in branded wheels. Novatec is a very large company with plenty of products in its line-up, so you can't just order a Novatec freehub body. You'll have to be more specific. I suggest you find a local distributor for this Taiwanese company and start there.

Don't spend too much on a new freehub body though, that's a pretty crappy wheel.

Top Bottom