Freesat, anyone any experience good/bad?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
I have dumped the virgin package. £29.99 for Thier version of Freeview and the broadband and landline the box is fully functional. I was on full bundle at £90 but when the deal expires it was £130

Amazon prime my only commitment as I get the postage as well.

I will buy a month on Netflix and binge watch what I want, the same with Now TV once I have bought a month I cancel or change the card details slightly so it won't go through.

Have bought a day pass, and have used Acestream cast to TV twice for football but felt a bit nervy and guilty about it. The only novelty was watching the US adverts!

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Anything in a language I don't speak isn't much of a bargain! :smile: Add to that we don't have and don't want a dish on the house.........
Dishes don't have to go on the house. They work just as well on sheds or garden walls if they've got a view south.

I don't know why you wouldn't want to learn German ;) but I think it isn't vital to understand because the captions tend to be in English or the venue's language and commentary doesn't add anything critical to most sports, fortunately for anyone listening to Carlton Kirby!

Drago

Legendary Member
German in schools almost became compulsory in the early 40's, but the plan was knocked by by the Government of the day following widespread public protest.

Reactions: mjr

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
German in schools almost became compulsory in the early 40's, but the plan was knocked by by the Government of the day following widespread public protest.
My neighbour spent his working life in the RAF. When he hadn't been married long he was posted to Germany and his wife expressed a desire to learn the language. Coming up to Christmas he told her that the German for Merry Christmas was "Gary Gribble", and she spent a few days wishing shop staff a Gary Gribble before their puzzled looks made her realise she'd been had.

Top Bottom