Freevee Adverts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Just started watching a tv series i liked many years ago and the 1st episode had one 30 second advert , episode 4 had a bucket load so my question is as they know your watching something are they sticking more adverts in ?
Certainly seems that way and you cant skip them :sad:

D

Deleted member 26715

No idea what Freevee is, but it seemed to be the US way of doing things, you get 1 advert in the first 20 minutes then 2 in the next 20, then 4 in the last 20, they seem to think they have you hooked & you'll stay to the end so let's exploit you.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
The clue is in the name Freevee. You can watch it or not. It's the old IMDB? as far as I know it's part of Amazon as well. They have to make money somehow.

I have watched 1 or 2 things on the chanel. It's OK. If I was that bothered about the commercials I wouldn't watch it.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I do not have a telly but when away I sometimes flick through the channels. It seems to me that more than half the time is taken up with adverts.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
The clue is in the name Freevee. You can watch it or not. It's the old IMDB? as far as I know it's part of Amazon as well. They have to make money somehow.

I have watched 1 or 2 things on the chanel. It's OK. If I was that bothered about the commercials I wouldn't watch it.
What is annoying is that I already pay Amazon through Prime fees but now they are taking shows that I used to watch ad-free on Prime Video and sticking them on Freevee. Bosch, for example. Ads really DO bother me.

welsh dragon

What is annoying is that I already pay Amazon through Prime fees but now they are taking shows that I used to watch ad-free on Prime Video and sticking them on Freevee. Bosch, for example. Ads really DO bother me.

I'm glad I'm not too bothered. On normal TV I record a lot of things then skip over the ads.

And to-be honest Amazon TV is just a bonus. We are still getting excellent value because primarily prime is for free postage and that saves a hell of a lot of money.

Mburton1993

Über Member
I'm watching something on Freevee too, I'm about three seasons in. The amount of Ads and their duration seem to just vary episode to episode, I haven't noticed a progression of them getting more frequent.

Besides what when I were a lad (late 90s) , 3 out of the 5 channels had ads and they lasted minutes, minutes! So I'm not too arsed about the odd 30 seconder every now and again.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
And to-be honest Amazon TV is just a bonus. We are still getting excellent value because primarily prime is for free postage and that saves a hell of a lot of money.
I did it the other way round. I signed up to watch The Shield, which was taken off Netflix when I was halfway through it. Then I found out how great free overnight delivery is. I have things delivered early afternoon after ordering just before midnight, a few hours earlier.

The new one? Legacy? I watched all of that on Prime (via my Xbox) and I didnt get any ads but it did say ad supported.

Its not as good as the original series but its still good.

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I'm glad I'm not too bothered. On normal TV I record a lot of things then skip over the ads.

thats why i have prime, order a couple of things a month and the free postage is covered so the tv is a bonus.The issue seems to be how the number of adverts increased from a small one in one episode to the usual amount of junk when i started watching more than one episode

welsh dragon

thats why i have prime, order a couple of things a month and the free postage is covered so the tv is a bonus.The issue seems to be how the number of adverts increased from a small one in one episode to the usual amount of junk when i started watching more than one episode

Its a sign of the times I am afraid.

Top Bottom