Freeview,YouView or Freesat boxes.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
Can any of you boffins give us a lead on a box.Our Dan is coming home for a week.He has told us he can only get bbc on his telly in the house he shares.So we are going to buy him a set top box.But i am baffled as which one to buy.Any suggestions will be welcome.Mrs Postman says not more than £100.Many thanks in advance.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
he can only get bbc on his telly in the house he shares
Could it be he doesn't have the correct aerial? Or are you saying his current box is dying?

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
It could be an aerial issue. We couldn't get all the freeview channels on the TV's which weren't connected to the satellite dish. We had a new aerial fitted, everything is fine now.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
What is he using to only receive the BBC? There are no analogue broadcasts any more so he must be using a digital receiver of some kind. He should try getting it to scan for channels and make sure that all the ones that he wants are enabled. I have disabled lots of the channels that I will never want to watch, such as all of the children's channels. I don't even see them in the listings any more. It might be that some non-BBC-hating person has done that to all non-BBC channels on his current system.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
If there's a reception problem but he has reasonable broadband it might me easier to get something like Chromecast and stream from laptop to the television. I got one earlier this year and it's had a surprising amount of use. £30.

Top Bottom