Freezing Feet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Can anyone recommend a pair of winter boots that are suitable for flat pedals?
My MW81's are SPD so are fine with flats.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Winter boots (Specialized Defroster) along with Sealskinz socks makes for very toasty toes.

Today's ride never got above 3degs, the Boots and just a pair of normal socks was all that was needed.

screenman

Legendary Member
Can't use them as they are a competitor on the sock front!

Right, yes I understand. Well maybe not.

Hyslop

Veteran
Just imagine some weirdo who hasnt got/cant decide on a pair of winter boots.Odd eh?Well, I tend to Prendas Winter socks,Pearl Winter Overshoes and,as one who does indeed suffer from cold feet,I find that combination works,Ive also got a pair of Lusso O/shoes and in really cold,windy but dry weather,they are superb-make my feet look a bit elephantine mind you!A pal swears by Bhs ladies popsox as the base layer under the sock,personally I can foresee problems with rubbing and blisters,but seemingly not.Still,its nearly Spring,might leave the boots until November!

Crankarm

Guru
GTX insulated winter boots (Shimano MW80s) one size larger and 3 layers of socks - Coolmax liners, mid layer, then thick 3.5 tog heater eater socks. Still warm when it's -8C and a cold NE wind as was in the winter of 2010. Feet are warm but the rest of me ………… also warm.:wahhey:

Moodyman

Legendary Member
another tip if you haven't got them on your bike -mudguards help deflect a lot of the cold airflow from the front wheel.

Top Bottom