Freezing Fog...........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gazzaputt

........... is a new one to me. Great ride into work today at 6.00am. Glasses freezing up, jacket had frozen water on the front and as for the roads was not fun.

Oh well leaving at 4 this afternoon it should be sunny and warm still I hope.

Tetedelacourse

gazzaputt said:
........... is a new one to me. Great ride into work today at 6.00am. Glasses freezing up, jacket had frozen water on the front and as for the roads was not fun.

Oh well leaving at 4 this afternoon it should be sunny and warm still I hope.

What is this frozen water of which you speak?:angry::biggrin::biggrin:

Foggy up here but not really cold. A nice change to have little wind to contend with. Wish it had been like Saturday though, that was a belter of a day and I couldn't get out in it:sad:

OP
OP
gazzaputt

gazzaputt

Well it was the mist. Fog is water yes? Riding in fog thus water collects on jacket and freezes in the cold air breeze I'm making as I cycle.

Tynan

Veteran
I come down Ferry Lane into Tottenham so if there's fog anywhere, there'll be some there

it was cold this morning, no doubt although at 8am it was no worse than that, freezing fog on a bike, yikes

dudi

Gazzaput - Had the same thing here yesterday. clear road and sunn then for about a mile it was thick freezing fog. i had ice on my arms when i got through it... Luckilly the local coucil is very generous with the gritter lorrise, so there's never any ice round here. just loads of salt all over the road ready to make a mess of everything that goes near it.

PrettyboyTim

The fog was very thick as I set off this morning. My gloves had a thin layer of frost within a couple of minutes. I was hoping the same thing might happen to my beard to make me look all antarctic explorerey but sadly it didn't happen ;)

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
No fog today, but it was freezing. Took my protective glasses off when I was fixing a flat this morning and when I picked them up after 15 minutes they were covered in a thin film of ice.

There no fog here today was plenty yesterday though. Near the end of my commute i hit a thick patch, its also a section with little street lighting. I could barely see yet cars will still flying past. Then I got to section again and realised, it was my glasses that had fogged up :smile::blush:

Tetedelacourse

HLaB said:
There no fog here today was plenty yesterday though. Near the end of my commute i hit a thick patch, its also a section with little street lighting. I could barely see yet cars will still flying past. Then I got to section again and realised, it was my glasses that had fogged up :wacko::blush:

:ohmy:

That happens when I go no-handed to have a drink and a stretch! From feeling cool to feeling like a fan-dan in less than a second! :sad:

Fog was thick over the river this AM but clear once I got to SQ.

Top Bottom