French Le Leu Frame

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rafferty

Just acquired this. I've sprayed it in the colours you see, and it will be my default 'everyday' bike. It was a bit worse for wear when I got it, but I neglected to photograph it. I intend putting a single speed wheel set on it and flat bars.
003.JPG

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Looks ideal for an SS (no gear hanger or downtube bosses to worry about) but what is wrong with fitting the swept back bars in the photo, nice rakish downturn angle and they'd be perfect
I've got similar plans using a Raleigh frame with a 3spd SA hub gear and 'North Road' bars that will also have a rear wheel with a flip/flop hub so I can 'Trendify' it (should take 5 mins to swap the rear wheel and whip off the shifter/cable)

OP
OP
Rafferty

Rafferty

What /\ he said. That would look the dugs with those bars.
Looks ideal for an SS (no gear hanger or downtube bosses to worry about) but what is wrong with fitting the swept back bars in the photo, nice rakish downturn angle and they'd be perfect
I've got similar plans using a Raleigh frame with a 3spd SA hub gear and 'North Road' bars that will also have a rear wheel with a flip/flop hub so I can 'Trendify' it (should take 5 mins to swap the rear wheel and whip off the shifter/cable)
Those ARE the bars I'm going to use. The wheels arrived this afternoon. Leather (fake), bar wrap will be used. Unusually for a French frame, the threads are standard British sizes, bearing in mind it is from the 60s.

AndyRM

XOXO
Those ARE the bars I'm going to use. The wheels arrived this afternoon. Leather (fake), bar wrap will be used. Unusually for a French frame, the threads are standard British sizes, bearing in mind it is from the 60s.

Apologies, I'd have described those as swept rather than flat but no worries. Looking forward to the finished article.

OP
OP
Rafferty

Rafferty

How's the cafe racer project going?
Finished!
Finished! 001.JPG

OP
OP
Rafferty

Rafferty

Porteur.JPG
Now finished with new saddle and a new French name. Brakes are old Mafacs, mudguards are steel and sprayed to match, the rack is also sprayed to match. I am looking for a small front rack to complement the 'porteur' look but haven't found one that is compatible with the set-up. The wheels are wide alloy rims and stainless spokes, shod with 38mm tyres. I may change the levers for the 'reversed' type to complete the look. The sprung saddle is a luxury as I have an arthritic back.

Top Bottom