1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

French & Saunders...

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Smeggers, 8 Oct 2007.

?
  1. The comic babes of the BBC?

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Over-rated fat bastards?

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Smeggers

Smeggers New Member

Following on from the Harry Hill thread, what do we think of F&S?

2. Fnaar

Fnaar Smutmaster General

Somewhere between the two options...
    Better in scripted sitcoms these days, i think, not v. funny when they're doing their double act. Saunders is aging well... :biggrin:

3. ChrisKH

ChrisKH Shorts Adjustment Expert

Agreed, I've never found them that funny when together but French in the Vicar of Dibley, for example, can be. Having said that I think she is a foil for all the other characters who are much funnier than her.

I can never hear anything Jennifer Saunders is saying; it's like listening to a teenager speaking, who has no self-confidence.

4. wafflycat

wafflycat New Member

They are hilarious. Love the sketches they do & the stuff where they involve others too.

One of my fav. sketches including others...

:biggrin:

5. sheddy

sheddy Veteran

Wife loves em, I hate em

6. Melvil

Melvil Standard nerd

I'm glad I'm surfing on the tide of opinion with this one - would be mightily scared if it was the other way around!

7. Membrane

Membrane New Member

For me personally (as a bloke), woman simply aren't funny (as in haha funny).

The problem with women is that, unlike men, they grow up. It takes the immature mind of a male to produce the kind of comedy that I like :biggrin:

8. slow down

slow down New Member

Never understood how they're lasted so long on TV - never found them funny in the slightest.
    Even Lenny Henry stopped being funny once he married Dawn French.