French & Saunders...

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Smeggers, 8 Oct 2007.

?
  1. The comic babes of the BBC?

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Over-rated fat bastards?

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Smeggers

Smeggers New Member

Following on from the Harry Hill thread, what do we think of F&S?

2. Fnaar

Fnaar Smutmaster General

Somewhere between the two options...
    Better in scripted sitcoms these days, i think, not v. funny when they're doing their double act. Saunders is aging well... :biggrin:

3. ChrisKH

ChrisKH Veteran

Agreed, I've never found them that funny when together but French in the Vicar of Dibley, for example, can be. Having said that I think she is a foil for all the other characters who are much funnier than her.

I can never hear anything Jennifer Saunders is saying; it's like listening to a teenager speaking, who has no self-confidence.

4. wafflycat

wafflycat New Member

They are hilarious. Love the sketches they do & the stuff where they involve others too.

One of my fav. sketches including others...

:biggrin:

5. sheddy

sheddy Guru

Wife loves em, I hate em

6. Melvil

Melvil Standard nerd

I'm glad I'm surfing on the tide of opinion with this one - would be mightily scared if it was the other way around!

7. Membrane

Membrane New Member

For me personally (as a bloke), woman simply aren't funny (as in haha funny).

The problem with women is that, unlike men, they grow up. It takes the immature mind of a male to produce the kind of comedy that I like :biggrin:

8. slow down

slow down New Member

Never understood how they're lasted so long on TV - never found them funny in the slightest.
    Even Lenny Henry stopped being funny once he married Dawn French.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice