Friday 13th

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thefollen

Veteran
Not many cyclists out on the roads this morn, despite the friendly face of Mr Sun beaming (sort of) for all London to see.

Now, is this due to Friday being pub day, or are there a few superstitious cyclists out there??

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
I reckon it was because they saw the rain forecast and decided to leave the bike at home - lightweights! CS7 was a nice place this morning, free from reckless cyclists, compared to yesterday.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Great ride in, Strava legs coming back after hols, so can't complain. Even commented to a fellow fixed rider 'good track stand that' as he was at the lights for a couple of minutes and hardly even moved. Scalped him though, and very nearly hit the side of a car that pulled out on me when doing 25mph, but hey, I missed ! :laugh:

lejogger

Guru
I'm not sure if it's due to being Friday 13th or just some commuting irony, but all week when it's been roasting hot and sunny I've arrived at work sweating like a glassblower's a**hole and needed to have a long cold shower to cool down :sweat: ... yet today when the weather has dropped 10 degrees and I got p*ssed on all the way in, the entire building had no hot water. :cold:

On a side note, commute was slow and steady today - back on the cyclo cross after yesterday's record breaking foray into carbon commuting.

Sandra6

Veteran
I've only been to M&S and back for tonight's tea but I saw three other cyclists on the way.
I'm just eyeing the grey clouds and wondering if the gym is the better option before work. I will of course cycle there and back.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I'm not sure if it's due to being Friday 13th or just some commuting irony, but all week when it's been roasting hot and sunny I've arrived at work sweating like a glassblower's a**hole and needed to have a long cold shower to cool down :sweat: ... yet today when the weather has dropped 10 degrees and I got p*ssed on all the way in, the entire building had no hot water. :cold:.

Been exactly the opposite 50 miles ------> this way ! Soaked most mornings, and evenings. Just damp and ideal temps this morning.

PJ79LIZARD

Über Member
I'm just fed up of rain now! Getting soaked twice a day is starting to piss me off! I never thought I would say that as rain doesn't bother me. But day in, day out.....

I'm not bothered about it being sunny in the summer, but can we please turn the god damn tap off now!!!!!!!!!!

lejogger

Guru
I'm just fed up of rain now! Getting soaked twice a day is starting to piss me off! I never thought I would say that as rain doesn't bother me. But day in, day out.....

I'm not bothered about it being sunny in the summer, but can we please turn the god damn tap off now!!!!!!!!!!
For the past few months I've been moved from the main office with everyone else to an executive office on my own.
They 'say' it's because i'm managing an important project and need to not be distracted... But I'm sure we all know that really it's so no one else has to deal with the stench from my kit drying off in the corner!

Moodyman

Legendary Member
I'm just fed up of rain now! Getting soaked twice a day is starting to piss me off![/B] I never thought I would say that as rain doesn't bother me. But day in, day out.....

It's only a bit of water you big wuss.

Besides, some parts of the country still have a hosepipe ban so we still more water.

PJ79LIZARD

Über Member
Bit of water my streets had a foot of water at the bottom of it on and off over the last 6 weeks. Sub ways full of water, council out trying to clear drains to stop the flooding, not to mention all the crap washed out into the roads every day, just glad I run marathon +s, I dread to think how many punctures I would of had if I didn't. Wettest June on record, I think we're going for the wettest July as well!

It's depressing me, im losing my cycling mojo I think. Didn't help watching the tour highlights last night, and seeing Bradley and Cadel sweating there balls off in the sunshine in France.

Top Bottom