Friday night is draft OR draught music night

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chris S

Legendary Member
Sirocco is a type of wind

Chris S

Legendary Member
So was Golf (German for Gulf), VW went through a phase of naming their cars after winds for some reason.

Last edited:

Brains

Legendary Member
Have you got them mixed up with some other band ?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Thorogood

Nope - But that took some digging!

Odd how they have left out some two years of the bands early life when they were learning their trade from their official history.

It looks like a manager saw the potential of the band, sent them to London for a couple of years 1977-79 (Like the Beatles went to Hamburg for two years to learn), he got them supporting better and better bands, and then once the time was right moved them back to the USA

I see they played Dingwalls in Camden (capacity 200 or so) in July 1978
I'm fairly sure I was there, they were the headline band, but pretty sure it would have been mid-week.

I remember seeing them at the Electric Ballroom (about 300 capacity) I think they were support to 9 Below Zero.
I also remember seeing them playing the 3 Kings Pub (Can't remember what it was called then, The Half Moon ?) which has a capacity of about 100

I see they were support to Blondie in 1979 at a London gig (Blondie must have been at the top of their game about then)

Here is a (excellent quality) recording from a gig at Middlesex Poly in March 1979

(A great bit at 14.30 where you hear George's English accent)

After that they disappeared (as far as the UK audience was concerned) until Live Aid USA in 1985 when whilst dozing in front of the telly at 3am London time I suddenly heard that familiar guitar, opened my eyes, and there was that pub band up with the Stones!

Last edited:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I see in 1979 they were still being billed as George Thorogood and the Delaware Destroyers - Delaware was dropped later.

It Wasn't Me and Madison Blues were both released as singles, I bought them, although not many others did.

the_mikey

Legendary Member

Top Bottom