Friday night music .... It's not cool to like this song but you do.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
If you want to know just how uncool I really am, we were watching YolanDa's Band Jam the other day when I mentioned to my wife that I had a real soft spot for the Lightning Seeds.

View: https://youtu.be/HZFJVAaSOrE

Foghat

Freight-train-groove-rider
No doubt deeply uncool. Brilliant, in any case......

As was their eponymously titled track, here in another rollickingly good live performance. Who'd have thought a (custom) nickelodeon, a 12-string guitar and a drumkit could knock out such a great sound:

Last edited:

Foghat

About time this had another airing.

Immensely uncool to like it, I dare say, given he's cretinously pro-Trump, not to mention the subject matter of the lyrics - although lyrics tend to go in one ear and out the other with me, it's the physical sensation of the music that gets me. However, it's impossible to escape the sheer superbness of his playing. 4'40" to 7'17" is stratospherically good.

Last edited:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
About time this had another airing.

Immensely uncool to like it, I dare say, given he's cretinously pro-Trump, not to mention the subject matter of the lyrics - although lyrics tend to go in one ear and out the other with me, it's the physical sensation of the music that gets me. However, it's impossible to escape the sheer superbness of his playing. 4'40" to 7'17" is stratospherically good.

Gob-smackingly awful! I'm not waving my M&S boxer shorts at him just yet.

How can anybody wave a guitar around looking like a third rate Tarzan wannabe?

Foghat

How can anybody wave a guitar around looking like a third rate Tarzan wannabe?

Because of the self-confidence of knowing how good a musician he was, which combined with the attire got countless women to sleep with him.....I should imagine.

Foghat

I thought this was awfully uncool at the time. Now I'm an adult and understand music, I realise just how good it was/is. And enjoy her vocal range, just like her sister-in-screeching Nina Hagen. The groove the band got going live was great too.

Top Bottom