FNRttC Friday Night Ride Manchester-Morecambe 5th August.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
It's on again, the most Northerly of the Friday night rides and the one that reaches the highest elevation even if it doesn't necessarily have the most climbing.
As in previous years, we'll start from Albert Square in front of the Town Hall and we'll stop at a 24 hour McDonalds in Blackburn for refreshments.
After arrival in Morecambe, we'll retrace our steps to a Wetherspoons in Lancaster for breakfast and beer and convenient access to main-line trains.

The thread for last year's ride is here:- https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/manchester-morecambe-fnrttc-16th-october-2015.185296/

Most of the information on there is still current but I'll confirm sign-up details at a later date.

Hopefully this heads-up will enable you to look at travel options to Manchester and back from Lancaster.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Have put in for the necessary leave today. Attendance will depend on that, and availability of not horrendously price rail tickets, preferably coupled with bike spaces. Hopefully this is not wishful thinking!

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Got confirmation of day off yesterday. Tickets bought just now. Looked in vain for trains at the right times with bike spaces, so it'll be Chutney the wonderbike again. Into Piccadilly 2053 (£26.50! Not bad in this day and age!), back from Lancaster 1057. 1st class best cheaper option again for that one...it's a hard life....

Gordon P

There's no Calvados? I'll have a beer or a whisky
I really enjoyed this last year so am sorry to miss it but I shall be following the London to Paris ride by continuing solo to Munich for an 8 day walk along the Via Alpina.

OP
OP
Andrew Br

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
Great to hear that you're on for the ride folks.
I'll confirm the sign-up details when I've got my head around it.
I'm hoping/expecting that the earlier date compared to last year will mean that we'll get to ride after Ribchester in something approaching daylight so we'll be able to appreciate the lovely countryside.
Use of the coastal path into Lancaster (it proved to be popular last year) will depend on the rain in the week leading up to the ride.

I'll be at Manchester Piccadilly to meet arrivals from the south; upstairs bar like last year.

OP
OP
Andrew Br

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
Good but the conjunction in the sky was worthwhile

True but, in 2014, at the same place as CharlieB explained what was going on in the heavens, the rain was bouncing back to hub height.
I'm hoping to avoid that this and every year.

Top Bottom