FNRttC Friday Night Ride to Shoreham - 20th May

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Here's a better definition, dragged out of the CC archives:

hypnocracy was really about the way the Grateful Dead ran their tours and the band. Teamwork was imbued, improvisation the norm, expertise growing organically, all without hierarchy (excepting, perhaps, the key role played by Kesey and the call and response arrangements between Lesh, Weir and Garcia).

I've built a couple of teams professionally, and hypnocracy was the key - although I didn't make a big deal out of it to the bosses. No fixed arrangements, just love, understanding, a thirst for knowledge, the desire to serve and psychotropic drugs. Actually I didn't insist on the drugs.

Erhard was a rogue, of that there is no question, but he has one stroke of genius, or, maybe, luck. He worked out that if you put people in to an unfamiliar situation, bounded by a simple idea, they were more susceptible to beauty. I think it's fair to say that riding through the night does make you more aware of beauty, not just natural beauty, but the beauty of spirit that is inherent in human beings. I've tried, in a small way, to provide a narrative, a shape in to which that appreciation of beauty can be woven. I confess my aspirations were literary - I thought that I could open up a space in which people wrote about pleasure, but it didn't really work out like that. Other expressions of beauty, like pictures and friendships have predominated.

And I'm going to shut up now before I really embarrass myself. Back to TEC strategies........

AKA Bob

Riding a folding bike far too much of the time...
It's been a while since i've ridden up Portnalls rd didn't it used to be full of potholes?

The Trike with Di2 why didn't I think of that.

The ride there were just enough hills to keep me warm.

Adam broke the ride leaders curse ...............

Oh I got to see the glasses we picked for @Fab Foodie

It was very good to see Clive B and Mark been a while lads and very nlce to meet Julie

Tims socks

We're have been told not to make any suggestions at the half way stop concerning certain visitors.........

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
At the midway stop we are reminded to check our tyres by the ride leader then 10 mins later we are entertained with some colourful language as the leader changes inner tubes

TimO

Guru
At the midway stop we are reminded to check our tyres by the ride leader then 10 mins later we are entertained with some colourful language as the leader changes inner tubes

More common at the start, than at the halfway stop though (in general, not specifically the Ride Leader).

We've had many instances when we've had visitations at, or very near to, the start. I only recall a few at the halfway point, although when it was my own, it made me spit somewhat (metaphorically).

I suppose it makes sense. Quite a few bikes will have been taken out, and had their dust blown off, before possibly just a short cycle between home and a station, and then another station and HPC. That cycle may be just enough to push a loitering piece of glass that last little bit that will cause problems, and then the time it's left unattended before we depart is enough for a slow puncture to make itself obvious.

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
Ok so on the Southend fnrttc at Junction 31 we were reminded to check our tyres by the ride leader only for him to have a flat 1 minute down the road

Then on the Whitstable ride the exact same thing happens although Southend wins for best swearing

AKA Bob

Riding a folding bike far too much of the time...
Ok so on the Southend fnrttc at Junction 31 we were reminded to check our tyres by the ride leader only for him to have a flat 1 minute down the road

Then on the Whitstable ride the exact same thing happens although Southend wins for best swearing

If we are being totally honest it had also happened at same place on the recce....... hence the swearing so I apologise if I offended anyone with my fruity language.

Top Bottom