FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast - 25th June to Felpham, near Bognor Regis 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hillclimber

Yes, please, Simon - I don't want to miss this one, or any other!

ChrisKH

Guru
Right, one more time, let's see if I can get it right on the night. Yes, please Simon.

It's my m-i-l's birthday so I have every excuse. The bike is already primed and waiting - new Hope 1 expected in b'day present pile tomorrow to round it off. :wacko:

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
redfalo said:
I can't possibly do this one, I'm afraid. :cry:My oldest friend is going to marry on that particular weekend, and I'm his best man...
Well, hopefully it'll be a fun weekend for you anyway. Same for us, despite the lack of your good lady's marble cake, :ohmy:

Fly

Count me in too.
sent email an email =)
also will there be people riding back to London?

TimO

Guru
Me too please Simon.

I enjoyed it last time, but failed to do a similar route twice over the winter, when ice and cold foiled our attempts to do an informal overnight ride (I'm ready with studded tyres this year!)

I assume the off-road section isn't involved this time around?

(Edited to correct a couple of stupid typing mistakes).

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I'll catch up with the posts, pms and e-mails in a bit, but, in the mean time, Susie and I did a recce today, and it went quite well. I'm cutting out the chalk and flint path, and probably sticking with the Gurkha bridge.

Susie took issue with the word 'flatish', and she has a point. The A24 route, branching off to Rusper, is pretty up and down, and going west through West Chiltington, a diversion made neccessary by the owners of Parham who won't let us go through their park for fear that we will scare the venison, does make for a more strenuous ride than Whitstable, now that we've cut out the first five hills.

The Cabin Cafe and the Boat House Cafe are expecting us.

I'm toying with the idea of starting the ride at Bunhill Fields....

It goes without saying that she didn't think a lot of the off-road section of the ride, but the alternatives, Bury Hill and the murderous B2139 (which was completely horrible for the short distance we were on it today) don't appeal. I've got a slick little route through Arundel, a bit of a touristy short cut in Horsham, and I'm toying with the Mickleham Deviation. When I first planned this route it took in Epsom Downs and Little Switzerland, but, realistically that's all a bit much. I do think that Little Switzerland might feature if we ever go to Worthing.

And for those of you who don't know, I've signed up Planet Sweet in Horley for the genteel ride to Brighton, which is fantastic, and Copthorne School for the Martlets ride in September, which is equally fantastic.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
dellzeqq said:
Bury Hill and the murderous B2139 (which was completely horrible for the short distance we were on it today)

didn't even shake a fist at me over the weekend and I was riding up it fixed!

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
you've got more nerve than me..

We had breakfast in the centre of 'Sham this morning, and were enthralled by your globe, ascending with a whoosh of water! I'm expecting a short wayside chat on the mechanics of this marvelous erection!

StuartG

slower but further
dellzeqq said:
I'm toying with the idea of starting the ride at Bunhill Fields....
Is this going to be a kinda Blakes 7 re-run touching down at Planet Sweet? Do we have to come in uniform and who is auditioning for Servalan?

Top Bottom