FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast - 25th June to Felpham, near Bognor Regis 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
A rare outing for me too please, Simon. What? You've lost my details? I thought we had something.......

PMing now!

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Bollo said:
A rare outing for me too please, Simon. What? You've lost my details? I thought we had something.......

PMing now!
Excellent news!

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
StuAff said:
Excellent news!

Nice of you to say so! Depending on legs, guts, weather and the patience of the Doris, I'll either pedal off to Chichester for the train or ride all the way home. If you need some company west to Pompey, let me know.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Bollo said:
Nice of you to say so! Depending on legs, guts, weather and the patience of the Doris, I'll either pedal off to Chichester for the train or ride all the way home. If you need some company west to Pompey, let me know.

Sounds like a good plan. I'll be going via Chi anyway, that's the route I'm familiar and comfortable with [Aldwick-Lower Bognor Road-Vinnetrow Road- Chi centre- Fishbourne-A259 till Havant]. Not quite the shortest route, but quieter roads & straightforward enough.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Stu A
Martin F
Andy C
Mark G
Ian A
John E
Greg C
Luke C
Ben P
Adam B
Stuart G
Pippa G
User10571 B
Tim O
Matthew S
Ross C
Clive B
Marilyn B
Claudine C
Chris H
Barry J
Adrian C
Jane D
Els V
Sean B
Sarah MacL
Paul R
Susie F
Adrian C (the second)
Paul R (an old friend)
Andrew B
Paul McN
Titus H
+1
Daniel P
Chris F
Duncan H
Tim H

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
that's the one. I used to work round the corner, and it was quite something to pass by his headstone on my way to the office

He also lived in Forest Hill for a while. It wouldn't be that much of a diversion to pass by, that is, on the way back if you have mousketeer tendencies.

clivedb

Guru
Aperitif said:
He would be an interesting guy to have on the ride, and in the bar afterwards...

Will he be at the Hay Festival?

Have you been at the Hay Festival? Apparently it's rife with 'terrible puns' - a cyclist friendly B&B is a 'Rest for the tyred' (see yesterday's Guardian).

Don't know Clive - all that literary stuff is beyond me...The Hay Fest. is going to be syndicated worldwide is it not? (A bit like the FNRttC :laugh: - bloody capitalist idealists at work, under the guise of exposure to the masses..:biggrin:)

Appositely, in my book yesterday, Jeeves says "The metropolitan touch sometimes proves a trifle too exotic for the provinces"

Who else is going to be on this ideal ride then?

King George V
William Blake
P G Wodehouse

StuartG

slower but further
dellzeqq said:
nobody's got the Bunhill Fields thing yet.
Errrrr ... can we please keep up at the back of the peloton ... check the third response to your tease - or do we have to stick rigidly to Blake 1 gear :laugh:

Would ruin my fantasy of Claudine as Servalan ...

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Can we invite John of Gaunt? I always thought he's make a great dinner guest and it could mean starting at the Savoy.

Top Bottom