FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast 26th March in aid of Martlets Hospice 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tim Hall

More importantly, as suggested by m'learned friend above in Another Place, the consensus of this house (or part of it) is that such a media frenzy as is expected at the top of Ditchling Beacon would be enhanced by the presence of a bike made of Magnesium.

Any ideas?

beatleandrew

Tim Hall said:
More importantly, as suggested by m'learned friend above in Another Place, the consensus of this house (or part of it) is that such a media frenzy as is expected at the top of Ditchling Beacon would be enhanced by the presence of a bike made of Magnesium.

Any ideas?
A magnesium bike going up on Ditchling Beacon would certainly be brilliant.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Clive B
Greg C (with whistle, if you please...)
Lee 1010
Davy S
Martin F
Tim H
Mick D
Luke C
Stuart A
Andy C
User10571 B
Pippa G
Andrij B
Claudine C
Charlotte B
Julian N
Andrew Am
Rob H
Rob F
Tim O
Adam B
Barry J
Jules H
Louise L
Gina B
Andy Al
Chris B
Tim H
Kim W
Greg P
Thom F
Adrian C
Matt J
Titus H
Des O'D
Peter W
Charles E
Stuart G
Graham H, doyen of routefinders (and purveyor of emergency spare wheels), will ride amongst us
Marylin B
Francesca M
Alastair MacD
Matthew L
Rachael W makes 44
Sig E
Rimas G

Tim Hall said:

Any ideas?

Interesting.

Also, bearing in mind the recent email sent out which stated

The Martlets will be sending 50 riders to the FNRttC. They will be a mixed bunch. I think we’ll see our first ‘full-suss’ Apollo. The ride is likely to be slow, and, for some of the riders, arduous. I think that there will be about 60 FNRttCers, making this the biggest ride we’ve done thus far.

I see the potential here for more fund raising here Simon. Although I've already sponsored Greg, how much money will it take for you to volunteer to do this ride on the Kirk???

In fact thinking about it, really we should all ditch our bling machines and do this on more basic steeds, so as not to intimidate the Martlett riders.

Wheeledweenie

Über Member
Flying Dodo said:
In fact thinking about it, really we should all ditch our bling machines and do this on more basic steeds, so as not to intimidate the Martlett riders.

Hmmmm, does that mean I can just turn up on my usual bike then :smile:

Reg is a flat handlebar Sirrus.

beatleandrew

Flying Dodo said:
Interesting.
I can lend you my daughter's Early Rider if you're up for a fund raising challenge on a basic steed:

Lite-profile-430x420.jpg

redjedi

Über Member
Wheeledweenie said:
Hmmmm, does that mean I can just turn up on my usual bike then :eek:

Reg is a flat handlebar Sirrus.

And my Bianchi is mostly aluminium with only a little bit of carbon. I'll even leave the mudguards on just to lower the blinginess a bit :smile:

11 Apollos + a full moon would be rather poetic. Would Halfords or Argos sponsor "us" (that means you Adam :smile:) to bust ours, busting theirs from London to Brighton...might make for good publicity? Backward facing forks allowed! This would, of course, enlarge the peloton vocab. from a modest "Bollards" to a potential "Fork Off!" :eek:

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Flying Dodo said:
I see the potential here for more fund raising here Simon. Although I've already sponsored Greg, how much money will it take for you to volunteer to do this ride on the Kirk???

I think that would be very unwise. The Kirk drives women cyclists mad with desire. I am a married man. However, if one of the single chaps wished to borrow it.....

Top Bottom